Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How much Bruising with Suction Method?  (Read 9783 times)

h2k

• Forum member
How much Bruising with Suction Method?
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »
A 2.0mm gives redness for about 5 days. I can do it on Sunday and be OK to go out by the next weekend.

Saline injections don't seem to have much downtime at all.

I want to add suctioning, but the bruising concerns me. It could be a lot of downtime. If we use the suction from this site, 4 seconds per area (several passes), what are the chances of bruising? How long does it take to heal from the bruising.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: How much Bruising with Suction Method?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
This is individual and there is no other way to know how your skin reacts than trying it. Some get bruising and some do not.

You must needle or stamp the area prior to suctioning (preferably a day before). The more aggressively you needle/stamp prior to suctioning, the more chance of bruising but even the suctioning itself can cause bruising (without needling and stamping). You must try it to know the effect. Do a small test area first.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:59:26 PM »
I would add that you should initially suction gently and not for too long.  I found out that I bruise when I hold the suction in one spot beyond 4 seconds.  If you do have redness and/or bruising and have to go out, I find applying make-up very very helpful.   

h2k

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
Im a guy so make up usually looks worse than the bruise itself. And I have a lot of scars!

How long does it usually take to heal from the bruise? I guess that depends on a lot of things though.

Question: Should we take any supplements that might help to avoid bruising or reduce the severity of the bruise? For example, I have heard that high doses of Vit C can reduce bruising.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:05:56 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:41 AM »
In our dermaneedling instructions we mention that it is a good idea to take vit. C orally as well, yes.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:03 PM »
If you’re suctioning gently and safely then you won’t experience any real bruising and still achieve results.  The very first time I suctioned I ended up with a few bruises that lasted longer than the redness from stamping.  But, you have to play around and see how much your skin can tolerate.  An indication for me to stop is when the skin starts getting too red.  Also, doing a few pumps in one area and then coming back to it later has also prevented bruising.   

If it helps, I’ve been suctioning almost everyday for a few months now and never get any bruising anymore.  Maybe a bit of lasting redness, but nothing too noticeable.  I guess your skin eventually toughens up and becomes more tolerable to it.

Best of luck with your results!

Maria

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:51 AM »
I just did my first suction after stamping. I only suctioned for 2 seconds and got bruising. My opinion is that the skin is already trying to recover from the stamping and is already damaged so this is why you see the bruising. I noticed a little blood as well from the stamping the previous night. I tried the suction before the stamping and all I had was slightly elevated skin for a couple hours so this is how I'm pretty sure the bruising has to do with the stamping and not allowing your skin enough time to heal. In my opinion and I will probably do this next time, I would wait two days after stamping rather than one. That way your skin has healed a little. Right now I'm wearing concealer and powder with pretty much covers it. I don't have very deep acne scars just minor small holes but the stamping and auctioning has made the skin slightly swollen so they appear worse but I'm sure it will go down soon. Hope this helps

h2k

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
I did the suction the next day in a handful of spots. I didn't get bruising, but it got more red and aggravated. Similar type of experience. Thanks for the help.