Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scars and Dermastamping advice (w/ pictures)  (Read 18509 times)

cobain_justinsane

• Forum member
Acne Scars and Dermastamping advice (w/ pictures)
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
Hello all:

I have pretty severe acne scars I am looking to treat and I would like some guidance perhaps.

I had severe acne when I was 18 had a 3 month course of accutaine and cleared it up pretty well. I still do have acne but keep it pretty well controlled with diet and am now 25 years old. I have a very good diet at the moment, an enormous amount of greens, nuts, seeds and whole grains (gluten free low GI).

I am looking to begin dermastamping and possibly suctioning and am wondering due to the degree of my scars wether I should be using a 1.5 or 2mm stamp.
Also, if I was to get the 80 needle stamp in order to stamp the large scar area, in what pattern would I go about stamping my scars as I understand in what pettern to dermaroll but not how to properly dermastamp.

How and when would suctioning come into the picture, as I am quite unfamiliar with the suctioning technique.

Finally, are there any supplements or topicals I should use in order to optimize healing and scar reduction.

Thanks all for any help you can give

Andy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:09:02 PM by SarahVaughter »

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
Re: Acne Scars and Dermastamping advice (w/ pictures)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »
I've been dermarolling for the past 11 months and have had similar scars to you.  Check out my post

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/evenly-spread-acne-scars/

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »
Thank you, cesamaddict. I wanted to answer the same - that the scars are very similar to yours..

I suggest:

A regular 2 mm dermaroller and a 2 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and the suction pump.

Do not buy the dermastamps with the 80 needles if you have serious scars. The more the needles, the harder it is to penetrate the skin (the so-called "fakir effect"). The less needles, the deeper and easier they penetrate and in your case, you really need to go deep. Also, your skin seems to be thick and tough.

You can roll and stamp during the same session. First stamp the scars, then roll them.
If you have lots of scars, it is wiser to treat just one cheek (but thoroughly and densely). When it heals, treat the other cheek.

Roll over the scars but avoid the areas that have lots of pores and no scars, such as in your case right next to the nose part of the cheek. Pores can sometimes react unpredictably to such long needles and you have no scars in that area anyway.

You should also try the Tretinoin cream (we sell it) in the same way as mentioned in the link cesamadict provided above.

Use the suction pump especially on the large indentations in the middle of your left and right cheek.

How to use the pump:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars

If you do not have a high threshold for pain, you may need a numbing cream. Such long needles are painful but we have customers rolling with 2 mm needles without using a numbing cream. It is individual.

I think your scars will improve if you have patience and perseverance. Please let us know about your results (or lack of them).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:27:30 PM by SarahVaughter »

cobain_justinsane

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
I have received my dermastamp and roller and am beginning to prepare for rolling. I just have a few questions. I am still unsure on how to use the stamp on such a large area (my cheeks). Do I randomly stamp or is it a meticulous process where you go over the cheeks very finley with the stamp?

I do have redness in the scars on my my cheeks. Will stamping bring my skin back to a more normal color?

I am also taking zinc 35 mg a day. Now I know zinc competes with copper and I beleive both are needed for tissue formation. Will the zinc cause any problems with skin healing?

Is it safe to stamp the face then roll immedly after?

Finally, I am just wondering if using a 1mm stamp & roller on my forehead will it be enough to take care of small scars and lines on my forehead?

Thanks Much

Andy

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »
>Do I randomly stamp or is it a meticulous process where you go over the cheeks very finley with the stamp?

Stamp just the scars (randomly) of one cheek (this can take an hour). Then roll the entire cheek. When it heals, treat the other cheek.
During your first session, concentrate just on your worst scars.

>I do have redness in the scars on my my cheeks. Will stamping bring my skin back to a more normal color?

It usually does bring skin back to its normal color or at least partially.
Nevertheless, the scars will be red for up to 72 hours after stamping. Do a test patch first to see how your skin reacts. If you have weekends off, stamp on Friday evening.

>Will the zinc cause any problems with skin healing?

No, it will not.

>Is it safe to stamp the face then roll immedly after?

Yes.

>Finally, I am just wondering if using a 1mm stamp & roller on my forehead will it be enough to take care of small scars and lines on my forehead?

A 1 mm dermastamp is not suitable for really deep scars but it is suitable for shallow to moderately deep scars.