Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Which dermaroller to get...(pictures attached)  (Read 8291 times)

kim_pn

• Forum member
Which dermaroller to get...(pictures attached)
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »
Hi,

Could I get a recommendation on which dermaroller to get / any advice on skincare routine? I've attached pictures..any help would be great.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:44:33 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Which dermaroller to get...(pictures attached)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
You seem to have many enlarged pores that are hyperpigmented and just a few scars.

I suggest you use our 0.5 % Tretinoin cream and use for several months to diminish the pigmentation. Use it on your nose as well.

Some info from another forum posting:

"Tretinoin decreases skin pigment melanin content. It means, it improves spots and melanin related hyperpigmentation but it also means it makes skin less protected from the UV radiation (melanin is skin`s natural UV filter). The darker the skin, the more naturally protected it is. So, you have to apply a sunscreen or use Tretinoin during the winter.

Tretinoin also speeds up the turnover of the skin and thus often improves acne prone skin. Initially, it sometimes make acne worse. You have to persist.

The more is not the better with Tretinoin. Do not apply too much. Applying every second day is sufficient.

Initially, Tretinoin makes skin dry.  Wrinkles and lines are more visible on dry skin and that is why it may seem in some cases that Tretinoin worsened wrinkles but it did not.  Long term, Tretinoin improves wrinkles.

I do not really recommend using Tretinoin on the sensitive skin around the eyes. Our Infadolan ointment that contains Retinyl acetate is more suitable in this area.

Tretinoin has the most dramatic effect on severely sun damaged skin, pigmentations and acne, to certain extent on wrinkles and loss of elasticity.

If you are young, acne free with no pigmentations or post acne spots, there is no reason to apply Tretinoin."

kim_pn

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
Do you think dermarolling will help? I was thinking of getting the .05 one

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to include this:

For  the time being, buy the Tretinoin cream and a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and stamp just your scars. Do a test patch first to see how your skin reacts.

Write me back in about five months to tell me how the hyperpigmentation and the stamping goes and we may add more products to your skin care routine.

Concerning enlarged pores, please read the paragraph in our instructions:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

kim_pn

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54:44 PM »
Hi,

How would I tell the difference between where on my skin is an enlarged pore and a scar?

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
Your photos are about 3x enlarged so your pores are in reality much smaller than on the photos..

It is very difficult to distinguish a scar from a pore.  Start stamping the scars that are the biggest in diameter – the crater shape scars. You have just a few.

You can try your dermastamp on the enlarged pores as well but do a test patch first to see how it reacts.

Pores are ducts in the skin and their size is the smallest on the skin's surface and as you go deeper into the skin, the pore channel widens. That is why abrasive methods such as dermabrasion don't help to reduce pore size and there is currently nothing that can reliably and permanently reduce pore size.