Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Single needling upper lip wrinkles  (Read 15334 times)

Mickeydooley

• Forum member
Single needling upper lip wrinkles
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
Hi Sarah,  I recently received a packet of your new single needles and after freezing my upper lip area with Dr Numb I used the needles on two vertical wrinkles on my upper lip area. I think I have been a bit over zealous!  For the last 2/3 days I have had two red lines (as if i had scratched myself) where I needled. They are fading but very slowly. There are a few other wrinkles on my face that I would like to target but I am a bit concerned that I will have the same reaction. How many pricks should I be making on a one centimetre long fine line on the upper lip?  I didn't count but it was well over twenty! Glad I started with only two wrinkles! 

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Single needling upper lip wrinkles
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
You should not needle your lips. It never crossed my mind that anyone would try that.. I will make sure our instructions include the warning that one should not needle the lips.

The skin on the lips is extremely thin and you certainly should not stick a 2 mm needle into them..
The skin on the lips can more be compared to a mucous membrane - not suitable for needling.

Or did you mean above the upper lip?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:08:53 AM by SarahVaughter »

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
I have had success with dermastamping the vertical lines above my lips with a 1.5 dermastamp.
Lisa

Mickeydooley

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
Sorry Sarah!  I meant the area above my upper lip.  The area where you would get smokers lines (although I am not a smoker!). I have also discovered that I get cold sores if I roller/ needle near my mouth.  Is there anything I can do to avoid that or do I just have to accept that I cannot target this area?  I do very occasionally suffer from cold sores on my lips but have developed blisters in the area where I needled during the week. They do not sting and they are not sore so I am not sure if the blisters are cold sores and they have appeared above my lip, not directly on it.

I'm hoping I can continue to treat this area. How many pricks should I be making on a one centimetre wrinkle? I think I may have done too many and this may account for my red marks and blisters.

Thanks.

Mickeydooley

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
Thank you Lisa. If and when the red lines above my upper lip fade I will try the dermastamp. Good to know you have had good results.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
It is completely normal to have prolonged redness after single needling because it is intense and it goes deep. It is not completely unusual to get blisters and it is common to get scabs (do not remove them, let them fall off naturally).

You have not done too many pricks; doing over 20 pricks is very OK.

If the blisters are cold sores (I do not think so) you can take an OTC antiviral medication (Zovirax etc.) prior to dermaneedling.

To avoid having many red lines for many days, treat only one wrinkle at a time. When it heals, treat the other one.

As we suggest in our size guide, one of the best tool for the wrinkles above the lips is a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles (single needling is also very effective here but not as easy and more painful).

If you use the dermastamp, it will also be red and it may stay red for days.

From my own experience, the area around the lips is so sensitive that a numbing cream is necessary. I do not need a numbing cream anywhere else.

Mickeydooley

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:35:23 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Just a quick update. The red lines which I had after single needling above my upper lip have faded and are almost invisible now. I used 1% hydrocortisone cream to reduce the redness. Also I'm pleased to report that the wrinkles themselves have improved greatly. They are not as deep as they were!

Thank you for your advice and information which put my mind at rest. I have noticed a great improvement in my skin generally since I started dermaneedling and using the products supplied by your company.

Thanks again.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
Thank you very much for telling everyone about your experience!