Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Why don't you sell 2.5 mm needles?  (Read 7466 times)

h2k

• Forum member
Why don't you sell 2.5 mm needles?
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:27 AM »
I know that 2.0mm is the longest length recommended on this site.

But what about for males with relatively thick skin. Could the cheek area (deep acne scars) benefit from a 2.5mm length?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:50:15 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:48:40 AM »
Buy a 2 mm dermastamp. Its needles penetrate deeper than those of a 2 mm dermaroller and the area you're looking to treat is ideally suited to be treated with a dermastamp anyway.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:50:36 AM by SarahVaughter »

h2k

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:02:55 AM »
Sarah,

I guess I was vague. I am already using a dermastamp and am referring to using a 2.5mm dermastamp as opposed to the 2.0mm for the cheek (male with thicker skin). The 2.5 is not available from you so maybe the question is out of bounds.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:50:26 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Why don't you sell 2.5 mm needles?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
It is very unlikely that the skin thickness on the face even for males with thick skin exceeds 2 mm. The needles of a dermastamp penetrate fully into the entire depth of the skin. Under the skin there is mainly fat but there also reside larger blood vessels, nerves, connective tissue, lymphatic vessels, sweat glands, hair follicles etc.

I really do not think you need longer needles. Aren't you getting results at all with your 2 mm dermastamp?

h2k

• Forum member
Re: Why don't you sell 2.5 mm needles?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:33:35 AM »
I just completed my second session with a 2mm stamp. There may be some improvement from the first session, but hard to tell. A friend of mine did say she noticed my scars appeared better so it is possible. I will give it some time with the 2mm. I was just curious about the 2.5 for this particular situation. I will definitely report back results in time, but so far nothing definitive to report.