Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Disinfecting question: What kind and concentration of alcohol to use?  (Read 10127 times)

aaron

• Forum member
Hi Sarah, when disinfecting the skin and single needle/roller for needling, do we use isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol? What concentration do we use? Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:39:18 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:54:59 AM by SarahVaughter »

aaron

• Forum member
Re: Disinfecting question: What kind and concentration of alcohol to use?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
Thank you Sarah. I read the entire post. I will use 70% isopropyl alcohol since that is what is available at my drugstore.

I just want to make sure I understand everything before I start needling. I first clean the area I want to needle and my dermaroller with the 70% isopropyl alcohol. If I do get some pin point bleeding during the rolling session or after I am done needling, can I wipe the needled skin and my dermaroller with this solution?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
You disinfect the skin before mcironeedling and the instrument after microneedling.

How to clean the dermaneedling instruments is on page 28 of our instructions:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

When you are done needling, you can clean your skin with just tap water but the microneedling instrument has to be cleaned and disinfected.

aaron

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
I read how rubbing alcohol stings broken skin so I guess it is better to wash with water after needling. Thank you again, I am very impressed with your products!