Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Don't know how to start! (SARAH PLEASE HELP)  (Read 6193 times)

Timmy2000

• Forum member
Don't know how to start! (SARAH PLEASE HELP)
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:10:36 PM »
Hey Sarah!
I'm a new member to your website and is in desperate need to finally get my skin back in order. I have always suffered with acne and now suffer with post redness and scars. I recently went to the dermatologists and she said that my scars weren't severe. I also suffer from moles and an excess amount of unwanted freckles (As you can see). I recently read about the Dermaroller and thought about buying the 1.5mm. Then I decided to ask a professional such as yourself to help me with my dilemma before I go out spending. I'm pretty much set on a dermaroller but wanted to know if there is any other product I should buy to help in my cause. Thank you very much for the input!!! Btw...My skin looks a lot more red if you saw me in person. I guess the camera/lighting didn't show it too much.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Don't know how to start! (SARAH PLEASE HELP)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
Your scars are certainly not severe.

To improve the overall skin tone and texture, I recommend a regular 1 mm dermaroller (pigmentations need more frequent rolling so roll once a week) and our 0.5 % Tretinoin cream (apply every second day).

For targeted treatment of the scars, a 1 mm or a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles.

Concerning moles:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/is-there-a-way-to-get-rid-of-moles-at-home/

The Tretinoin cream will also slightly lighten the moles and especially the post acne spots.

Concerning freckles, I think they look nice (I have a soft spot for freckles in general). You can lighten them with various skin lightening products, acid peels, melanin inhibitors but you cannot get rid of them for good because the body will likely always tend to overproduce melanin in these areas. You can lighten them for example with the Tretinoin cream but it will make the skin dry, especially initially. Good old lemon juice used regularly (mixed for example with white yogurt) is cheap and worth trying. Add some vit. C powder to the mixture. Lemons do not contain much vit. C (ascorbic acid). They contain citric acid.

Timmy2000

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Should I buy two rollers(One for my face and one for my body) or can I just use the same one? And also is it okay to use my acne face wash before dermarolling or should I use something else? Thank you so much for helping me :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:49 PM »
It would be better to have two rollers if you are going to roll large areas, to preserve the sharpness of the roller for the face.

Yes, you can use your acne facial wash.