Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: does lack of sleep affect results of rolling  (Read 5513 times)

daisy12

• Forum member
does lack of sleep affect results of rolling
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »
Dear Sarah,

First I have to say that I've been using 1.5mm roller for my acne scars for 4 months now and I'm really happy with the results!
For the past month I've been dealing with insomnia and difficulties with sleeping... I don't get that "beauty" 8 hour sleep. I've heard that the best time for skin to produces and renews collagen is during deep sleeping (which I almost never have). Do you think my condition can affect final result of rolling? So far my skin looks OK.

Thank you very much for your answer

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: does lack of sleep affect results of rolling
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
I am happy you have results with dermarolling. If you add a 1.5 mm dermastamp to your dermarolling sessions, you may get even better results.

Lack of sleep (as well as severe stress) impairs immune system functioning.

To be honest, I am not able to say for sure whether lack of sleep can affect dermarolling results and if so to what extent.

I am not a fan of taking sleeping pills but if insomnia becomes a chronic problem, it can result in the breakdown of one's mental and physical condition. You can get some relief by temporarily taking first-generation antihistamine pills as they have a strong sedating effect and thus are an effective OTC sleeping aid. They usually contain Diphenhydramine.

https://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine

"Examples of products having diphenhydramine as the only active ingredient include Unisom, Tylenol Simply Sleep, Nytol, ZzzQuil, and Sominex (the version sold in the US; that sold in the UK uses promethazine)".

They are also sold as antiemetics (against sea sickness).

Peak plasma concentrations of diphenhydramine are reached in 2-3 hours so take it long before you go to bed.

The plasma half-life is 8.5 ± 3.2 hours (it means the existing levels will halve every 8.5 ± 3.2 hours) so you will still feel a little drowsy for some time after waking up and that is unpleasant. However, there is hardly anything more important for health than good sleep. Not everybody needs 8 hours of sleep but everybody needs a certain number of hours to function normally.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:53:38 PM by SarahVaughter »

daisy12

• Forum member
Re: does lack of sleep affect results of rolling
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
Thank you very much for your answer.

I've already seek and advise from my doctor and hopefully I'll be able to keep my insomnia under control with some medications. :)