Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Needling Recommendation: Raised Thick Bleph Scars  (Read 6353 times)

Abbey

Needling Recommendation: Raised Thick Bleph Scars
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:23:08 PM »
I had an upper bleph 10 months ago and the scars on and over my lids are wide, white and raised.  I would like to use the single needle method of needling but I'm not sure how to go about this and what to order.  My goal is to flatten and thin the scars and hopefully regain some pigment.  Any advice would be deeply appreciated as these scars are very visible and cause me great embarrassment and anguish.   It's so obvious that I have had cosmetic surgery.

Also, I would like to roll my face, decolletage and hands and was wondering what size/type of roller you would recommend.

Thank you.

rhondahz

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »
I have read on here to never ever needle your eyelids.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »
Abbey, unfortunately I must disappoint you, the upper eyelids is the only area where needles cannot be used due to the high risk of damaging the eye. There exist a risky method of pulling up the eyelids but if you are not an expert, this is not advisable and I can't therefore go into details about this here since I don't recommend it.

The skin on the eyelids is the thinnest on the whole body.

When you place your fingers on your eyes and feel around the eyes, you will find that the soft area of the eye is surrounded by a bone. The eye resides in that cavity - the eyesocket.  You can see it here:

The entire eyesocket cavity is taboo for needles.  A dermaroller or a single needle can be used only where the bone around the eye starts.

I advise you to find a skilled permanent makeup artist who performs eyeliners. They know exactly how deep they can go and they use special equipment. Ask them to go over your scar without pigment to soften it. This treatment should be repeated a few times and then may very well improve the teint of the scar to blend in better with the surrounding skin.

Eventually they can maybe even use a skin color pigment to conceal the whiteness but the problem with scar camouflage is that the pigment often turns grayish or another undesirable shade  with time or the tone is not exactly the same as your skin and that makes it very visible (it is difficult to mix exactly the skin tone of a person). It is more or less impossible to remove permanent make up (especially from an eyelid) so it would have to be someone with long-term skills in that field if pigment is to be applied.

The face: 0.2 mm for skin care  product penetration used up to 4 times a week  + a 1.5 mm roller to induce collagen production  used only once in three weeks on the same skin area.

Décolletage  and hands -  you can try the same combination of the rollers.

It depends how thick your skin is and how shallow the veins on the back of your hands are.  Some pinpoint bleeding is OK. It is a sign that you've reached the dermis.  If the pinpoint bleeding is too much, use shorter needles or reduce the pressure on the roller.

Attached files