Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about stamping and hydroquinone  (Read 6012 times)

truvision

• Forum member
Question about stamping and hydroquinone
« on: March 30, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Hi Sarah, I have a few dark spots and freckles on my face that I have been lightening with hydroquinone for some time that have lightened but some have also been resistant. Last night I spot treated a few wrinkles, scars and dark spots with the 1.5 mm dermastamp and followed it up with Infaladon but also but some fade cream or hydroquinone just on the dark spots. I went back and realized I must have read your instructions wrong because I see the hydroquinone is only suggested to be applied after a 0.5 or a 1mm roll is that correct? Now that I think about it perhaps applying hydroquinone after a 1.5 stamp on dark spots may be a bit too aggressive, if so how long should I wait?I also didnt know that I should be taking breaks wityh hydroquinone which I will now start doing as well. Also, although it takes 7-10 days for the skin to heal will changes in the skin still take place after this period?Thankyou very much for your help!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Question about stamping and hydroquinone
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »
You can apply hydroquinone after stamping with a 1.5 mm dermastamp but using shorter needles is sufficient for product penetration. However it is a good idea to experiment a little and try different approaches, especially with skin problems that do not respond to "ordinary" approaches.

Taking breaks concerning hyroquinone is only suggested if you apply it right after dermaneedling (and especially if you use higher than 2% percentages) because it highly enhances its penetration and there could be potentially some unwanted side effects with really long term use.

If you apply hydroquinone, do not apply Infadolan first because it is a semi-occlusive ointment and it will prevent hydroquinone to reach the skin. Apply hydroquinone first and an hour later or so, apply a little Infadolan on top of it.

Yes, the changes in the skin will continue even after the skin has healed.

truvision

• Forum member
Re: Question about stamping and hydroquinone
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »
Thanks so much for clearing all that up for me, I was applying Infaladon first.. good to know that, Ill make sure to reverse that now.