Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: A Few Questions I have Post Derma Stamping  (Read 8877 times)

Newday

• Forum member
A Few Questions I have Post Derma Stamping
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
A few weeks ago I have started to derma stamp with the 0.5mm and only stamping on 1 scar, so basically I am stamping in the same area but rotating the stamp each time I stamp. The scar is somewhat a wide scar that isn't deep at all, it feels as if I can sand off the edges and it would go flat. So far I have used the 0.5mm twice with a week of down time between the two. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since I've stamped and plan on stamping again.
History:
Stamp, wait 1 week, Stamp again, wait two weeks, About to stamp again (tomorrow)

Each time I have stamped, I have reached/ see blood come out to the point where the circular area that I had repeatedly stamped is covered in blood and I also hear the popping noises. It does sting for about an hour after stamping and remains red for a few days then it would peel. These are all normal factors but the one thing I don't understand is that I don't see any results yet. Would you say this is normal? My skin is back to normal without any redness at all but the scar that I have stamped 2 times to the point of blood does not seem to have changed.

After the two times I have stamped I put on a mask of plan yogurt mixed with a it of lemon juice. for about 1 hour then I would wash it off and leave my face alone. I put on this mask everyday for about an hour.

Would you say seeing no results so far would be normal? Am I doing something wrong like not moisturizing or would it make a difference? (Since I think the plan yogurt with a bit of lemon juice moisturizes my skin a bit)
I was thinking maybe the needle length isn't long enough and that I should go for a 1mm but I do stamp and reach blood with the 0.5mm so I'm not sure if it would make a difference. This is probably wrong but I had a slight feeling that the blood I see came from the healthy skin surrounding the scar rather then from the actual scar but it's hard to tell since the entire circle is covered in blood. Also to add, the scar came from a whitehead I had about 1 year + ago.

Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: A Few Questions I have Post Derma Stamping
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:58:50 AM »
Yes, it is completely normal and to be expected not to get results after only two stampings.

Is the scar indented or raised?  Is it hyperpigmented or hypopigmented?

Scars are in the dermis part of the skin and a 0.5 mm dermastamp reaches the top of the dermis so it would be wiser to use longer needles, nevertheless, continue with your dermastamp but stamp the scar twice a week.

Newday

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
Thank you for the reply Sarah, to answer your question, I am targeting light indented/ uneven skin caused by acne.

I have stamped 2 more times since I have last posted and have a few questions:

1. A few days after derma stamping, my skin would begin to peel. Is it OK to peel the skin off with my fingers after I shower once I see it peeling? Or should I leave it on and let it rub off through several nights of showering. Would this make a difference in the healing/ collagen induction?

2. Should I be wiping the blood off my skin once I'm done stamping before I apply a moisturizing topical? Or should I just use the moisturizing topical on top of the blood? Would this also make a difference in the healing/ collagen induction ?

3. If I'm already reaching blood with a 0.5mm, should I get a 1mm for Even Better results? Or is reaching blood already an indicator that I should be OK with the 0.5mm?

Thanks in advance!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
If you have no scabs but just skin flakes and the skin under the flakes is not "raw", you can rub them off.

Wipe the blood off with a cotton pad with tap water.

Reaching the capillaries means you have reached the dermis part of the skin but a 0.5 mm reaches just the top of the dermis and the scars may be deeper in the dermis.

Acne scars usually need at least 1 mm dermastamp but if they are shallow, a 0.5 mm will also work. Continue with your dermastamp and when it gets blunt, you can go for 1 mm size.

Newday

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:30:42 PM »
There is definitely no scabs, however, when I peel the flaking layer of dead skin off, the underneath skin does seem to be a bit red/ pink colored. I'm not sure if that is considered  "raw". It will heal up in a few days but I'm just worried that I'm causing damage when I reveal that "raw" skin.

I will surely consider moving on to a 1mm in the future once my 0.5mm has gone blunt.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
If you remove the flakes gently, it should be OK.