Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Just Started Dermarolling Again – I Have a Few Questions  (Read 5301 times)

Sho

• Forum member
Just Started Dermarolling Again – I Have a Few Questions
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
Hi,

I’ve just found your website again and the great results people are getting on the forum have given me the motivation to start dermarolling again. I’ve read all the relevant threads and still have a few questions I’m hoping you can help me with.

I have bad acne scarring (rolling and box car) on my cheeks and temples, pigmentation issues and just bad uneven skin. I still get some pimples but I can deal with a few of those, it is the scars that affect me the most.

I have just dermarolled with a 1mm roller and got a good amount of pinpoint bleeding, does this mean I have quite thin skin and only need to your 0.2mm for product penetration in between 4-6 week dermarolling? Or shall I buy the .5mm roller because of how uneven and scarred my skin is?

I haven’t used Retin-A (Tretinoin) for quite a few years so should I start with your 0.025% A-Ret cream and work my way up or go straight to 0.05%? I use a 10% glycolic cleanser every day and have been doing peels (including TCA) for quite a while so I feel my skin is quite tough already.

Also when do I use Vitamin C? I am going to roll with my 1mm roller then immediately apply A-Ret and then Infadolin. So when should I apply and use Vitamin C? The next day? Before I roll?

My last question is when do I use A-Ret and Vitamin C during the week? I will roll twice a week with the smaller roller (then A-Ret and Infadolin) but what about the days when I don’t roll? Do I alternate between both products? I know Vitamin C should be applied at night so what do I apply in the morning under my make-up? (I use foundation every day without fail!).

Sorry about my long email and all the questions but I just want to hit this really hard and try to get the best skin possible.

Thanking you for any help and advice you can give,
Sho

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Just Started Dermarolling Again – I Have a Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
For pigmentation, use our 0.025% Tretinoin cream and apply every second day (without dermarolling).

You should add a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles to your dermarolling (stamp just the scars).

Apply vit. C on the days that you do not apply Tretinoin. You can re-start a day after rolling/stamping but only if the skin is not "raw" from dermaneedling any more.

Apply vit. C for at least three consecutive days before stamping. You can either stop Tretinoin on these days or wait for vit. C to be absorbed and then apply Tretinoin.

If you get no improvement with your 1 mm dermaroller and a1.5 mm dermastamp in six months, add our suction pump and use it on your rolling type of acne scars. The rolling type of acne scars are often tethered to the underlying structures and that makes the scar depressed.

In the morning, apply a moisturizing cream of your choice.

If your post-acne pigmentation does not get better, start applying Tretinoin three times a week after rolling with a 0.5 mm dermaroller but not everybody can handle this because dermarolling greatly enhances the penetration of skin products and Tretinoin can be quite irritating.

Some more info:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/best-skin-care-routine/

Sho

• Forum member
Re: Just Started Dermarolling Again – I Have a Few Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »
Thank you for your reply and advice. I've placed my order and can't wait for my products to arrive so I can start to improve my skin.
Sho