Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Do dermarollers/dermstamps help to get rid of old, white stretch marks?  (Read 9486 times)

SpookyWookiee64

• Forum member
I'm a male who has had stretch marks for almost a decade from when I lost a bunch of weight. I have them on the inner part of my left upper arm, a deep one on my left should blade area, and a bunch on the upper part of my thigh/near the groin/side of my rear. Most of the stretch marks I have all seem wrinkly until I pull the skin, then they are just deep. Will a dermaroller/dermastamp help fade my old, white, and deep stretch marks? Or is it too late to bother with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
The most effective for stretch marks is the combination of a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller + a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles + our 0.1% Tretinoin cream.

Follow the routine I describe in this forum thread:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

You can also read there my article about what kind of results to expect.

In some cases, a 2 mm size dermaroller and 2 mm dermastamp can be used but I do not recommend them for beginners. In addition, the skin on the arms is quite thin so 2 mm size in not necessary in your case.

In your case, I do not recommend the single needles because they are almost 2 mm long and some of our customers got bruises using them on the thin skin of the upper arms.

SpookyWookiee64

• Forum member
Great, thank you so much! :)

SpookyWookiee64

• Forum member
Hi Sarah, I have one more question.

I live in Canada, so I decided to not buy the Infadolan due to the possibility of confiscation. Would applying 0.01% Tretinoin gel work well enough (I already have 0.01% Tretinoin gel from my doctor for my face, so I was hoping to save a doctors visit and money)? I know that applying Tretinoin gel right on an open wound can irritate it, but the irritation doesn't bother me.

Thanks again for the help! :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
There has never been any confiscation of Infadolan in Canada, and we have thousands of Canadian customers.