Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can often-used 2 mm needles cause permanent damage to facial skin?  (Read 7512 times)

tee nee

• Forum member
Hi Sarah,
I used the 2.0 on my chin acne scars which was a great help. I didn't realize till now that I shouldn't of used it on my entire face. I used it 3-4 times over a 4-5 month period. Did I do permanent damage?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:46:24 AM by SarahVaughter »

Renin

• Forum member
Re: Can often-used 2 mm needles cause permanent damage to facial skin?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »
I'm using 2.0 mm dermastamp on my cheeks and no it does not do permanent damage otherwise she won't sell it in the first place :P Your skin will heal eventually.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
Renin, thank you for posting your experience.

@TeeNee:

Using a 2 mm size, 3-4 times over a 4-5 month period is very reasonable frequency.

Many of our customers use a 2 mm size dermaroller or a 2 mm dermastamp or a 2 mm single needle without any problems.

I do not recommend using a 2 mm dermaroller on the face for beginners, for those with thin skin or for those that do not really need such length.  It is better to start with shorter needles.
Did you manage to improve your scars?

tee nee

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
Thank you for the responses.
I am no longer worried.
I was wondering why I have such dryness on my cheeks. I realized I've been putting sulphur gel to clear my acne. Since I've been steaming it nearly everyday my acne is gone. I'm going off the sulphur and have a new set of rollers and copper peptide.

Yes, my acne scars cleared incredibly from using the roller those few times.
I asked my dermatologist if the rollers were effective for healing acne scars, she said "yes, as effective as laser for scars but it's a slow process".  I was surprised that the scars receded with one use. It wasn't slow at all and I am thrilled. I also noticed that if I lightly roll over an upcoming acne it stops the acne from going eruptic and recedes on it's own! Pure brilliance for pennies compared to laser treatments at $400/per session and 4-5 sessions!

The steaming makes a lot of sense to keep using.

Thank you for this forum, it's been a huge help. I'll try to do some before/after photos here out.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
If you can document your progress that would be great.

We remind our customers that when you document good progress and post it here (if you want anonymously and we can help you with covering the eyes - just send us the pictures and we'll attach them to the posting), that we will reward you with products of your choice!