Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Advice regarding dermarolling  (Read 8703 times)

ezziebezzie

Advice regarding dermarolling
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
I have read most of your information on dermarollinbg but would just like some advice before purchasing. I am 65 years old and have always looked after my skin, I have been usinf =g Retin A for at least 20 years, however my main problem is a few brown spots, ugg!!. a few eye lines,    and verticle  lines above the mouth and also a kind of cobble stone effect. I visit a very good beauty consultant and she suggest a course of dermarolling initially, very expensive,  followed by home dermarolling to keep on top of things. What do you think would be the best product for me to purchase, and the size of needles. Also how many uses before the needles blunt, many thanks, Ezzie

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »
Hi Ezzie,

The best approach is to have one dermaroller with short needles (0.20 or 0.25) for skin care product penetration that can be used up to 3 times a week on the same skin area and one dermaroller with long needles (preferably 1.5 mm) to induce collagen production in the dermis, which can be used once a month on the same skin area.

You should incorporate homemade vit. C serum into your skin routine, it is an excellent antioxidant and apart from other things it might prevent and even help with the existing brown spots. Instructions here: https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

“Smokers' lines”
above the mouth are difficult to improve and it usually needs targeted needling with the single needle that we sell. Our current single needles have a 1.8 mm long tip and they stop automatically at that depth. You don’t have to go that deep. Unfortunately area above the lip is just about the most painful to needle so you will likely need EMLA.

• Pretreat the skin with vit. C serum for several days,

• Have a hot (steam) bath to make the outer keratin layer of the skin softer and thus easier for the needles to penetrate,

• Apply Emla on your wrinkle, cover it with plastic foil for 45 min (do not use EMLA on large skin areas in one go),

• Wipe the EMLA off,

• Disinfect the skin with alcohol,

• Stretch the skin with the fingers of the other hand,

• Make many pricks into the wrinkle with the single needle. Prick at various depths and from different angles. Prick the edges of the wrinkle a well.  You'll likely get some pinpoint bleeding Don’t be put off by the initial pain, the first pricks are the most painful.

It will be red for couple of days, depending how deep you needle so do not needle too many wrinkles at the same time if you don’t want people to notice you have done some wrinkle treatment.

• Wash the needled area with tap water, air dry,

• Apply the Infadolan ointment,

• After 2-3 days restart applying vit. C,

• Repeat this procedure every six weeks until the wrinkles improve.

Prick individual brown spots with the single needle. You don’t have to go very deep - I do not think you need EMLA for that. That should remodel them. Immediately after pricking, apply Retin A with a toothpick to the spot, provided the skin can handle it (if it burns too much, apply later). I do not recommend using acids (Retin A) immediately after dermarolling but in case of hyperpigmentation I think it's a good idea to use Retin A. First do a test patch on one spot only.

For the rest, use a 0.20 or 0.25 mm dermaroller for skin products penetration (skin products of your choice) and use the 1.5 mm roller on your whole face (except the upper eyelids and the soft area just below the eyes). When you put your finger under your eye, you feel a bone. Do not roll closer to your eye than where that bone is. Pull/stretch your skin downwards from the eye with your other hand and roll it with the other. Do not push hard around the eyes with 1.5 mm needles. The skin is thin there.

Concerning the lifetime of the dermaroller: It depends how often you roll, how tough your skin is and the size of the rolled areas. It is as difficult to answer as answering the question – how long will a knife remain sharp. It depends on how often you roll and how much skin you roll, etc.

You can soften your skin before dermarolling by taking a hot bath or long shower. It will make the skin easier to penetrate for the needles. It should make the rolling easier and the needles will remain sharp longer.

ezziebezzie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:41:59 AM »
Many thanks for all that information, I will proceed with caution, but cant wait to start rollering

ezziebezzie

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »
Many thanks for all your information, have started dermarolling but just a couple of questions, what to use for lines that run from nose to outer lip, smile lines I think, what is best to use fro them. Also steralizing, would something like miilton or TCP or Dettol work, many thanks ezzie

It is answered here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Smile-lines-can-dermarolling-help /a>