Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Ice pick scar, pimple nose scar, hyperpigmentation  (Read 12465 times)

michiko

• Forum member
Ice pick scar, pimple nose scar, hyperpigmentation
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:01:30 AM »
Hello Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your very informative website!

I wanted to get your advice before purchasing any of your products.  I would like to minimize my ice pick scar, pimple nose scars and hyperpigmentation on my face.  Please see the attached pictures for your review.  According to your responses on this forum, I understand that dermarolling on the nose can produce questionable results due to the cartilage, some of the pimple scaring is in the area where my nose and face meet and not necessarily on the nose.  Might you have any recommendations for that area?

With your suggestions, I am looking forward to posting amazing after photos!!

Many thanks for all that you do.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Ice pick scar, pimple nose scar, hyperpigmentation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »
Hi Michiko,

I have not forgotten this posting. I have to think about an answer.  I am sorry you have to wait. I will answer it tomorrow.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
I do not think you have any icepick acne scars. You have just a few scars and in fact you have small pores because your photo is enlarged so in reality, your pores are small.

For your nose scar and your other scars, you can try a 1 mm dermastamp. Stamp them every 10-14 days.

However, on your nose, ignore our instructions about making 6-8 stampings into the same scar during a session. Make just one stamping. If it heals OK, do two stampings the next session. If it heals OK, make three the next session etc.

Concerning your pigmentation, which is also quite mild, first try our 0.5% Tretinoin cream. If there is no improvement in 4 months, add hydroquinone cream:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/african-american-pigmentation-1161/

If there is no improvement with hydroquinone, start applying it after dermarolling with a 0.5 mm regular dermaroller.

Taking into account how enlarged your photos are, your skin is nice with just a few scars and some pigmentation.

michiko

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your advice and your kind words.  I'll keep you posted on my results.