Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: african american pigmentation  (Read 10572 times)

africanamericanscars

• Forum member
african american pigmentation
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
hello sarah,
 i dont seem to see my post anymore and im new to this but im an african american female with pigment issues. everytime i get a pimple my face tends to scar, so i just bought a 0.5mm dermaroller in hopes of rectifying that issue. is there anything that can be used to speed the process up? i know 'nomorescars' replied to my deleted post and told me about hydroquinone, is a generica brand like ambi sufficient, or should i use a higher product such as swissclinical whitening serum? 

below are pictures of my face and my neck.

thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: african american pigmentation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:43:19 PM »
Are the little brown spots just pigmentation or are they scars and if so are the scars raised? Or are they kind of (raised) skin moles?

Are any of your spots raised?

africanamericanscars

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »
No they are not pitting scars. They are just pigment dots. Almost like little blackhead marks.

africanamericanscars

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:02:28 AM »
There are however one or two of those raised. My dermatologist i believe said they are sun spots but I only had a few so I'm not too concerned about them. Most of the others are just marks but alot of them to me they look like little black heads but I was told they are not so I'm a little confused at the different kinds of marks have you, on my face.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
Yes, you seem to have more than one kind of pigmentation.

So far, there is hardly anything more affective for pigmentations than good old hydroquinone cream.  Apply it right after rolling with your 0.5 mm dermaroller to highly enhance its penetration.  Hydroquinone does not remove current melanin pigment but it prevents/reduces the formation of new melanin so you have to use it long term to see effect.

Hydroquinone is available over-the-counter in 2% concentration and in prescription formulas in 4% concentration. We do not sell hydroquinone cream.

Ambi fade cream contains 2% concentration of hydroquinone, it also contains  soy protein and lactic acid.

Swissclinical whitening serum actually does not contain hydroquinone. It contains another whitening agent. Ingredients: 2% Alpha-arbutin lightening agent (blocks epidermal melanin biosynthesis.) Combined with bellis perennis (daisy) flower extract and Japanese mulberry tree extract.

I also recommend our 0.5% Tretinoin cream.  It helps with pigmentations. Apply it every second day (without dermarolling).

Concerning any pigmentation, the most important factor to prevent it or reduce it is very good and systematic sun protection, otherwise the pigmentation will re-appear.

africanamericanscars

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
Wow thanks! I got a prescription of 0.05% tazorc. Can this be used on my face right after I derma roll and if so can t be used in conjunction with my ambi ?

Also I used my derma roller for the first time last night and I'm Seeing little bumps all over my face. I'm assuming its just because my face had been traumatized and this is it's initial reaction? The bumps are extremely small and only noticeable up close the the mirror. Should I be worried ?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »
For best penetration, do not mix hydroquinone with anything else. Apply it separately and right after dermarolling.

Tretinoin is quite irritating if applied right after dermarolling. Especially if applied on the face. It is gentler to the skin to apply it without dermarolling.

The bumps are temporary and they will disappear. It is certainly not a standard reaction after dermarolling but we had a few reports from our customers about getting bumps. In most cases they got bumps only after the third or fourth rolling. In all cases, the bumps disappeared and left no traces. The skin will get used to dermarolling.

africanamericanscars

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:44 PM »
Ok great. So my routine is washing my face with cetaphil facial wash, derma rolling and then adding ambi afterwards. Is there a moisturizer or sunscreen I should use also or just those 2 products. Also should I do anything to close back the pores after rolling ?