Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What are your stamping routines? [OP banned for rudeness]  (Read 7678 times)

sypherr

• Forum member
What are your stamping routines? [OP banned for rudeness]
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »
Hey, I just bought my dermastamp and want to start using it immediately. However, I have some questions and would like to get an idea of what most of you guys do. I have a 1.5mm Dermastamp for shallow scars.

How do you stamp effectively? Straight down on the skin? at an Angle? And how many times?
How should I use the Sterilizing agent? Should I leave the dermastamp inside a glass of the sterilizer at all times while its not being used?
I dont have Vitamin C serum, so how would I go about "preping" my skin, and is it really essential?

I've looked at the "How to" PDF already and feel like it doesnt exactly answer everything.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:04:35 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What are your stamping routines?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »
Yes, you stamp straight down. All your other questions are answered here:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

sypherr

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »
I said I already looked at the PDF, and it doesn't answering everythng

NoMoScars

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
Hi Sypherr,

I just read your last post. I've just started documenting my derma stamping/rolling progress and this is what I'm doing or planning to do:
Like you, I'm dealing with shallow scarring (boxcar, some linear scars, and a few icepicks that aren't too deep) I have the 1mm stamp, 1.5 stamp, and the 1.5 roller). I may have too much but I feel like I end up using everything during my treatment. I've used the 1mm stamp already and stamped my scars 7-10 times. My scars are pretty localized all on my upper cheeks so I move the stamp around a bit (straight in not at an angle)  to make suree that I'm not hitting the same spot several times. You hear some popping sounds as your breaking up the scar tissue and it may bleed some. The area I treated swells a little and I get red. I ALWAYS apply the vitamin C serum wait about 30 mins and apply the Infoladan ointment for about 3 days after rolling. I'll repeat this same procedure every 4-5weeks  but next time I'll use my 1.5 stamp then roll with the 1.5 roller. Personally, I think the vitamin c is very important so I take it interally along with the serum. I wouldn't keep the roller in the cleaning solution. I used dish soap to clean it after use and then soak in a sterilizing solution for about 15 mins. I soak for 15 mins again before I use it as well. Sorry about the typos but continue to research as well there's just so much info out there about needling. Hope I helped some :)

Happy Healing!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
To Sypherr:
How to prepare the skin, how to sterilize and store microneedling instruments, how many times to stamp is explained in our free pdf.  If you do not want to prepare your skin with vit. C as I suggest, it is up to you to decide what to use instead.

This person (his email address does not appear in our customer database) has now been banned from our forum (reading as well as posting) for repeated rudeness.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:30:23 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What are your stamping routines? [OP banned for rudeness]
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »

Thank you, NomorScars, for your answer.