Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: dermarolling frequency for multiple needle sizes  (Read 5796 times)

moe123

• Forum member
dermarolling frequency for multiple needle sizes
« on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
I purchased a 1.0 mm dermaroller for treatment of mild acne scarring and pigmentation and a 0.5 mm for product penetration.  I've read that 0.5 can be used more frequently than the 1.0 but I don't know how to space them out so they can both be part of my regimen? Or is this even possible?  Also, are the two sizes even appropriate for the issues I'm trying to treat?

NoMoScars

• Forum member
Re: dermarolling frequency for multiple needle sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »
Hi Moe123

I'm also treating some shallow scarring and from the research that I've done from this and other sites that type of scarring yields the fastest and pretty good results :)

What type of scars do you have?

I've read several responses from Sarah where she's recommended various needle lengths. From the pdf instructions the 1mm is for shallow scars but 1.5mm rollers/stamps are supposed to be great for scars because of the longer length needles. The .05mm for rejuvenation and product penetration from my understanding should be used after your skin has recovered from the longer needling (your 1mm roller). Maybe 5-7 days would be a good guess as long as your not still peeling from your roller.

I'll be ordering a .05mm myself since I recently dropped and damaged mine :( But I do plan on using it either once or twice a week (about a week after) I've used my 1.5 derma stamp/roller.

Best of luck on your treatment Moe123:) your at the right place to learn how to fix your scars.

Happy Healing!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: dermarolling frequency for multiple needle sizes
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
Yes, you can use a 0.5 mm roller in between the sessions with your 1 mm roller but wait a few days after rolling with a 1 mm roller. When the skin is not red, swollen, tender or dry from the 1 mm rolling, you can start with the 0.5 mm.  For example, roll once in two weeks with a 1 mm roller and twice a week with a 0.5 mm roller.