Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Incorporating Copper Peptides into daily regime?  (Read 7887 times)

terrorfirmer

• Forum member
Incorporating Copper Peptides into daily regime?
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:59:42 AM »
Hi there,

Firstly, I have to say that reading the discussion on 2nd Gen Copper Peptides was a fascinating read, I had a large bottle of SuperCP Serum and several containers of SuperCop2x, but never felt comfortable entirely using them due to the persistent claims online that these 2nd Gen Peptides were actually damaging and dis-improving skin in certain individuals. So it actually brought me a bit of relief to just pour it all down the sink the other day, and go about purchasing a few genuine Copper Peptides here (a few face masks and 2 serums).

Now, my question is how to incorporate this into my current regime? What I'm currently doing is AM - Cleanser, Mandelic Toner, Witch Hazel Moisturiser. PM - Cleanse, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Moisturiser or Vit C 30 minutes later. Where would the copper Peptide serum fit in here? I'm assuming AM, because of the Salicylic in the PM, but where would it fit in the AM? Should I be taking stuff out of my regime in favor of the copper peptides? The only thing I'm really sure of is to not use Vit C and CP's together, but I think maybe I could drop the Vit C from my routine for now when using the CP's. Long term, Vit C would be part of my regime, but I only really plan using CP's until I can ascertain whether or not they can help me with scarring. Whether they do or don't, whenever I reach a conclusion I'll probably switch back to Vit. C.

I'll be needling scarring on the side of the nose - two badly indented scars - I know it's not an area on which you give advice aside from caution, but I have needled there aggressively once now with a single needle , and there's been absolutely no dis-improvement or improvement, so I'm hoping by introducing a few Peptides I may get somewhere. Single Needle the scars, stamp area with a 1mm stamp, then apply CP mask and use the serum daily thereafter.

Thanks in advance.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Incorporating Copper Peptides into daily regime?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Just to clarify, many users experienced worsening of the skin after using 2nd generation peptides and described their bad experiences online - also on our site as well as in emails to me, but none of these claims came directly from us. I just expressed my concerns on our forum, that is all.  We did write a long article on this forum about them here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/copper-peptides/30/

In that thread is evidence that Pickart's before-and-after pictures are photoshopped, and that his 2nd generation "copper peptides" aren't copper peptides at all.

You do not have to apply vit. C daily. Apply it in turns. One day vit, C (about 30min later) and the other day, apply copper peptides (also about 30 min later).
You can also quit the vit. C  application as you suggested.

The copper peptide mask sachet contains a plastic-coated absorbing material soaked in a copper peptide serum. To use the mask efficiently, just cut off a small piece of the paper tissue and smear it on the area. Keep the rest of the mask (close the sachet with a paperclip) and every time, cut off a small piece.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:40:35 PM by SarahVaughter »

terrorfirmer

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
What I'm doing is:

AM - Cleanser, mandelic toner, CP serum

PM - cleanser, salicylic acid (30 mins later) either Vit C or Glycolic moisturiser.

Do you think this works OK? Should I use moisturiser after the CP in the morning, or is the serum hydrating enough on its own? Is there any way you would change or re-order this general routine? thanks Sarah :)

Needled one of my nose pits as a test the other night, did a 40% glycolic peel, then needled directly after with the single need, then used the 1mm stamp in the pit area, and applied CP serum afterwards. Will see how that goes.

terrorfirmer

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
I have read a lot about aha and bha products interfering with 1st gen CP products, but can't find any clear info on how long I should wait after! Is using a mandelic acid toner, then CP serum afterwards, counter productive for example? should I ditch the toner and just go cleanser, CP serum in the AM?