Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: My first 3 weeks after 1st treatment  (Read 13734 times)

monuafki

• Forum member
My first 3 weeks after 1st treatment
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
Hi

Im 21years old and suffering from acne scars.
I just had my first treatment of my acne scars with 1mm derma stamp... Following days started rough because my skin looks worst than it is before I use microneedling for treating my scars.

Following days my skin is flaking very often now, not as much much as it used to, and to make it worse my whiteheads are now all over my face..

At least could you please give me some advice for my whiteheads? Is it alright to use home remedies after care, specifically after 2 days of treatment.

I would love to hear some advices and recommendations I need from Sarah and or experienced.. whether all things happening for now are just normal..

aushontel

• Forum member
Re: My first 3 weeks after 1st treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Sarah & the more experienced members will answer the roller & product related ques.
My experience is that with active acne, one must treat..inside & outside..ie..add 30mg zinc tab (from health food store..cheap)
after dinner every night..& Greens Plus Berry Burst Powder...1 scoop in 8oz of water before breakfast every morning.
Green is avail at most h.food stores..or online..less than 30 for a months supply
This WILL make a very marked improvement in the active acne..whiteheads etc u complained of...
The scarring & general health of the skin will be improved greatly with consistent of the roller, vit c, vit a cream at night etc
as Sarah recommends..

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »
Dryness (even peeling skin), roughness, redness and temporary swelling are normal reactions after microneedling.  Whiteheads or small bumps are not a standard reaction at all but in some individuals it happens. That is why we recommend doing a test patch first and we also recommend not to stamp or roll or needle extensive areas in one go but do just for example one cheek, when it heals do the other etc. In your case, stamp just a part of the cheek and when it heals, stamp another part.

The whiteheads will eventually disappear. 

Did you stamp four days ago?

Yes, you can use home remedies even after two days.

monuafki

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I stamped 3 weeks ago

specifically here are the effects. Im sorry i couldnt pose the pics yet caz, but ill try as soon as possible(i think the camera resolution is bad)

Anyways here are the specific description of the unexpected results i got from my first stamping, yes i did go through all in one go and i regret doing that.

-Whiteheads over stamped areas
-Severe flaking of some parts I stamped with 1mm in length, specially on my forehead
-bumps, I think are whiteheads too but sorta different because i never seen them before, some appeared likely on my nose that is very disappointing because it was clear before now it have this many small bumps

Hope this help even though I still dont have the pictures, so far I just did my second stamping yesterday and hoping to get better results..

With concerns, this time I'm planing to buy vit a and c cream for my stamped areas.. would I get rid of whiteheads with these? I would like to try it for my bumps too. I use alcohol over my face the next day to clean some blood after I stamped. I never use any sunscreen when I go out weeks ago so I am planning to do so this time.. can you suggest me some type of sunscreen I should use? Lastly, I uses some cleanser and toner over it.. Thats probably all it.

If somehow Im doing all after care improperly please advice me.. Thank you very much.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
I am sorry you experienced such reaction.

None of those skin reactions are a standard reactions after mcironeedling, apart from flaking (not everybody has noticeable peeling though) but as I said, a few customers did report getting bumps or whiteheads (surprisingly, the reactions usually did not happen after the first treatment but after the third or so treatment) and it later disappeared.

Do not use our Infadolan ointment on your face because it could break you out.

You should clean your face after stamping with tap water and not with alcohol because alcohol may be irritating to the stamped skin.

You can use any UVA + UVB sunscreen, protection 15 or higher.

You should not stamp again until your whiteheads and bumps are gone. When you do stamp, stamp just a small area.