Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Progress Update (Jan. 2012-June 2013) for my Acne Scars  (Read 6001 times)

cris

• Forum member
Progress Update (Jan. 2012-June 2013) for my Acne Scars
« on: June 04, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »
About a year and six months ago I began dermarolling and dermastamping my acne scars with Sarah Vaughter’s products (http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/acne-scars-595/msg2498/#msg2498) and I promised myself I would chronicle and post my results thus far.

I’m happy with the improvements on my left cheek.  And noticeably, and unexpectedly my birthmark has become slightly less pigmented.

Admittedly, the pictures of my right cheek are probably not the best example of a before and after photo (hard to match last year’s nearness and lighting).  I have also had a bit of acne in the last year due to stress and I purposely highlighted two acne scars that are fairly recent (from Dec./12).  But, you can bet I am working on those scars too.  Overall, though, I know that there has been definite improvement because I do feel less self-conscious about my cheeks. 

While the improvements may appear small, I’m glad I tried dermarolling/stamping and stuck with it.  Yes, results are not immediate.  Yes, it takes time.  Yes, acne scars can be frustrating.  But, improvements are possible; it just takes trust and patient.   

Other noteworthy points are that while my pores have seemingly remained the same size, my skin does feel and appear firmer.

My skin regime has changed somewhat over the past year.  I originally began with stamping with a 1.0mm and then eventually upgraded to 2.0mm.  I stayed consistent by dermarolling with a 0.5mm twice a week.  I added the suctioning method about 8 months ago and also began single needling about 3 months ago.  I also use tretinoin every night, and always apply infadolan after stamping.   

Please feel free to ask any questions.  I am grateful for this website and its wealth of knowledge and for Sarah’s affordable products.  I look forward to posting my progress again next year.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Progress Update (Jan. 2012-June 2013) for my Acne Scars
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:38:47 PM »
Hi Cris,

Thank you very much for your update!

I know what you mean. It is very difficult to do before and after photos from the same distance, angle, with the same light conditions etc.

I think your left cheek has some nice improvement.

On the before photo of the right cheek, there are still unhealed crusts from acne that unfortunately later healed as scars (you can see these scars on the after photo). I hope it will improve if you continue with your treaments. 

In your case, I would also add a 2 mm dermastamp.

You can also try the "Tretinoin cream method" that is described here by Cesamaddict:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/evenly-spread-acne-scars/

We sell Tretinoin cream.
In case of stubborn scars, it is worth trying various approaches.

I have emailed you a few days ago but I haven't received a reply..