Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Sore skin after dermarolling  (Read 5364 times)

caroleh

• Forum member
Sore skin after dermarolling
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:50:36 AM »
When I use the 1mm roller every eleven days. The next day, my face is still very red and under the eyes and at the side of my mouth are a bit swollen.  It also feels a bit itchy.
Is this normal?  Apart from Infadolan, I do not put anything else on after rolling.
Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Sore skin after dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
This is completely normal. Redness, mild swelling, itchiness, dryness and tenderness are normal reactions. In some, these reactions last just hours and in some they last two days. In case of aggressive treatments like single needling, they can last even longer. The longer the needles the longer it lasts.

After dermarolling, wash the skin with tap water, let dry and apply Infadolan. Apply Infadolan until the skin is back to normal and even after that, keep it moisturized with a cream of your choice.

If the skin reactions are very unpleasant for you, make the gaps between rolling longer than eleven days.