Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling and TCA cross  (Read 8470 times)

chantel280

• Forum member
Dermarolling and TCA cross
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I've just discovered this whole dermarolling method, and would like to thank you for all the info and help that you have made so readily available through your site. I've been doing research on both dermarollers and the TCA cross method for acne scarring. Based on what I've learned, it sounds as though perhaps TCA cross would provide slightly faster results, but I am very hesitant to try it due to the risk involved in making scars worse. Also, I'm not even sure if the type of scars I have would really benefit from TCA...I think they're a mix of icepick and boxcar scars.

I want to try dermarolling first, and was wondering what is your opinion of what size roller(s) I should get and what sort of treatment schedule. I was thinking of getting a .5 roller and a 1.5 dermastamp, but not sure how often to use them together.
I was also wondering what serum/treatment cream you might recommend. I finally seem to have conquered (or at least outgrown) significant acne breakouts, but now my problem is constantly clogged pores and excessive oiliness. I have considered trying a very mild chemical peel weekly to help with these issues...how should I go about doing that in conjunction with dermarolling? I just want to make sure I don't mess up the process or make anything worse. Thanks so much for your feedback and for all the great resources you've provided.

NoMoScars

• Forum member
Re: Dermarolling and TCA cross
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
Hi Chantel

I am also treating very similiar scars. Have you thought about using the individual needle? I needled a few (just to see) and I'd say it defnitely made some improvement. I'm very early in my own treatment plan and researching several different approaches that I'm also documenting. I know its frustrating but luckily your scars are very mild so you should see pretty good results. You've came to the right place for support :) best of luck to you!

chantel280

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:48 PM »
thank you! I had given some thought to the single needle, as it seems that it would allow to target a specific area better, but I hadn't read much about people using single needles. I think I will give that a try. Thanks for the recommendation and good luck to you as well!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
For the time being, buy just a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and needle your scars every three weeks. (You can also buy the single needles and combine them but a dermastamp is enough).

After six months of dermastamping, write again and we may add something else to your dermaneedling routine. Apart from a few scars, your skin texture is nice and your skin tone is even.

You do not have to stamp all your scars in one session. Stamp one cheek, when it heals, stamp the other.

For your clogged pores and oiliness, buy our Tretinoin cream.

Concerning TCA cross, please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/tca-cross-and-dermarollingdermastamping/