Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: DermaJet questions  (Read 6741 times)

opentable

• Forum member
DermaJet questions
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I purchased a DermaJet and am eagerly awaiting its arrival! I had posted previously about my numerous stretch marks--on my upper arms, breasts, hips, buttocks, thighs, and calves. I'm hoping the DermaJet will help me properly treat these many areas.

I do have a few questions about its use:
- Do you recommend using the device on areas where there might be thinner skin, like upper arms or behind the knees?
- Does the 12-needle cartridge allow needling of a targeted area? The stretch marks on the front of my upper arms, for instance, are thinner and there are only a few.
- In the instructions you had written "The DermaJet is useful for all types of dermaneedling, although when very large areas need to be covered, a dermaroller would be a faster solution." I'm a bit confused as to why this would be--wouldn't the DermaJet help cover large areas because it's automated?

As always, thanks so much for the help!

opentable

• Forum member
Re: DermaJet questions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:54 PM »
Also, one other question: if using the DermaJet, we should also not be rolling or single needling the same areas?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: DermaJet questions
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »
> Do you recommend using the device on areas where there might be thinner skin, like upper arms
> or behind the knees?

Please do not start with long needles when you use a DermaJet. The DermaJet pushes the needles into the skin with quite some force due to its power so the needles really penetrate as deep as they can go. Initially, adjust the needle length for 0.5 mm and later, when you know how much the area bleeds and how painful it is, you can go for the 1 mm size. This advice concerns all areas. Start with the 0.5 mm.
The upper arms areas and behind the knees are thinner than elsewhere and a 0.5 mm length might be all you can go for without getting bruises. This is individual because skin thickness varies a little individually.

>Does the 12-needle cartridge allow needling of a targeted area? The stretch marks on the front of
>my upper arms, for instance, are thinner and there are only a few.

In this case, use the 12-needle cartridge for other stretch marks and wait with the upper arms until we have our customized 5-needle cartridge and 1-needle cartridge. It will cost 9 dollars and you can reuse any needle cartridge if you disinfect it after each treatment.

>- In the instructions you had written "The DermaJet is useful for all types of dermaneedling,
>although when very large areas need to be covered, a dermaroller would be a faster solution." I'm a
>bit confused as to why this would be--wouldn't the DermaJet help cover large areas because it's
>automated?

I have to re-write that part. What I meant is that the DermaJet is very useful for those with an extensive number of stretch marks or scars and is also useful for rejuvenation but for example in case of sun damgaed entire décolleté or skin laxity all over the legs, doing it all with a Dermajet will take a long time and it is quicker to roll such extensive areas with a dermaroller. That's just because it takes only a couple of seconds to roll a long 2 cm wide strip of skin with a dermaroller.

>Also, one other question: if using the DermaJet, we should also not be rolling or single needling the
>same areas?

If you use a Dermajet, there is no need for single needling or dermarolling.