Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling around the eyes  (Read 26744 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermarolling around the eyes
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »
Can I use a 1.5 mm roller around the eyes?

Yes, if you are experienced in dermarolling.

I personally wouldn't recommend a complete beginner to use 1.5 mm long needles on thin skin around the eyes. I would prefer to stay on the safe side. Safer is 1.0 mm or even 0.5 mm. Before you start around your eyes, definitely try the dermaroller on a safer part of your body so that you get used to it and get the hang of it.

When you put your finger under your eye, you'll feel a bone. Do not roll closer to your eye than where that bone is. Pull/stretch your skin downwards from the eye with your other hand and roll it with the other.   

Please read my posting (mine is #2):   
https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can-i-use-a-dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eye-(pic-included)/

The best for wrinkles and crepey skin is to use a 0.2 mm dermaroller for skin product penetration. Dermarollers  shorter than 0.5 mm do not trigger collagen because they do not reach the dermis but it significantly enhances the penetration of skin products into the skin. In that case, you can use any of your skin products, even a product with anti-inflammatory ingredients because 0.2 needles don't cause the inflammation that triggers collagen production. You need longer needles for that.

A 0.2 mm  dermaroller is extremely useful though because it will make your skin product "sink" deep into your skin where it is needed.

Don't forget to thoroughly clean the dermaroller with dishwashing liquid every time and soak it in disinfection alcohol every now and then.

Then once in 4 weeks, you can roll with 1.5 mm needles around your eyes and that should trigger collagen production. Then put a very small amount of our vit. A & D ointment on it immediately after dermrolling and for around 10 days after that. The ointment is very greasy but it has to be - both vit. A and D are fat-soluble vitamins and it also should be occlusive). Use a tiny little bit, you shouldn't apply a thick layer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:16:51 PM by SarahVaughter »

bambur

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »
How often can I use a .2 rolleron my face?  I just bought a .5 roller and have used it twice in the last week.  What do you recommend for it as well?  Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:20 AM »
Every second day or less, it depends on how the skin reacts. If the skin gets irritated, red of flaking then reduce it to every third day for example.