Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: regarding blood on stamp  (Read 8244 times)

rachelplmr

• Forum member
regarding blood on stamp
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »
Hi iv got a 2mm stamp, each time i use it on a part of the skin i get alot of  blood etc on the stamp which is normal doesnt bother me my question is can i run the stamp under a little water before using it on next part of scaring/skin  or does the stamp have to be dry ty rachel
Ps my scaring is getting better each time i do my sessions tyvm for this forum and the shop

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: regarding blood on stamp
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:55 AM »
How to remove that blood easily in two seconds is explained in the last paragraph of the sales description of the long-needled dermastamps:

https://http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermastamp2mm-pid199.html

With this model, it is possible to get some discoloration caused by blood staining at the needle base. A good way to clean this up is to take a plant mister and set it to spray a small, tight stream of water. Then spray the stamp while holding it needles-side up.  This cleans it out completely in a matter of seconds.

rachelplmr

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Tyvm so i can clean the dermastamp with a little water in the middle of the session and carry on with my session thought so just wanted to make sure

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
You can do that, yes.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but I always get small traces of skin stuck between the needles after stamping.  After thorough rinsing and disinfecting, they still remain. 

Is it harmful to continue using my dermastamp with the skin stuck in the needles?  Is there another way of removing it without using a plant mister?  I contemplated using a garden hose, but I think that is too extreme and too much of a hassle for me. 

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 05:28:41 PM »
I don't think a garden hose will help but I suggest using a new toothbrush purchased for that purpose.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »
Really?  So a new toothbrush's bristles won't damage the needles?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »
No, they won't.

Something with a substantially lower hardness can never damage something with a substantially higher hardness.

You can scratch a pice of chalk with a piece of steel, but you can't scratch a piece of steel with a piece fo chalk, not matter how much and how long you try.

The bristles of a toothbrush have a very, very low hardness and stainless steel is very, very much harder (many orders of magnitude, it's an exponential scale so steel is millions of times harder than the plastic used in a toothbrush).