Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Face Map?  (Read 5028 times)

crital

• Forum member
Face Map?
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Just started dermarolling for general collagen loss, fine lines, and sun discoloration.  My biggest impression (after 1 roll, 1.5mm whole face, neck, and hands) was that it didn't hurt at all!  I pressed harder just to make sure I wasn't being too prissy about it and felt little more than mild discomfort.  It's only been a few days and I am excited for round 2 in 4 weeks!!

My question (or wish, rather) is for a suggested map of the face to achieve an even rolling, now that the star pattern is no longer recommended.  Certain areas seem (like the nose, around eyes, and nasolabial folds) seem to lend themselves better to different angles, and it was challenging for me to make sure I covered every area evenly using a parallel rolling pattern. 

Perhaps I am over thinking?  Knowing I only get 1 roll per month, it doesn't leave much opportunity to experiment.

Thoughts?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Face Map?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
Practically, certain areas on the face (such as around the eyes, above the lips, the nasolabial fold etc.) can only be rolled in one direction (either vertically or horizontally) and you should not worry too much about spreading the pricks evenly. Do it in a way that is feasible and comfortable. It does not really matter which direction you roll. Just lift the roller after each roll so that the needles do not fall exactly into the same channels (that happens if you roll back and forth without lifting).