Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: needle size/other products for treating stretch marks  (Read 6918 times)

newgrl

• Forum member
needle size/other products for treating stretch marks
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:28:58 AM »
Hello,

I just discovered dermarolling fthese days and decided to use it in treating my stretch marks. I am not sure though exactly what length of needles to order for what I need, I did read that the most suitable are 1.5mm and 2mm.

My stretch marks are about 15 years old (puberty related) and they've always been white/silvery in appearance. I have them on the hips (few lines about 0.5mm wide each at most), on my butt (many thin lines), on my inner thighs (thin lines again, slightly indented) and back of the knees (a little wider).
So I'm not sure how these areas differ in thickness and if a 1.5mm will do, or I'll need the 2mm one.

I would much appreciate advice on the right dermaroller. I can't wait to start the treatment as soon as possible and I'm glad I found this place.
Iulia

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: needle size/other products for treating stretch marks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
In your case I recommend the combination of a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller + a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles + our 0.1% Tretinoin cream. Follow the routine I describe here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

We now also sell an electrically powered "DermaJet" (it basically is an electric dermastamp with adjustable needle length and it really works, contrary to all the other devices out there) but unless you have an extensive amount of stretch marks, it is not necessary. A manual dermastamp will do the same job, only it is more laborious because you have to power it yourself with your hand.

newgrl

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »
Thank you for your advice. However, I tried to order now ((the dermaroller, dermastamp, infadolan and vitC) but my country is not listed at the billing/shipping information page. I am from Romania. So I understand you do not ship products there?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
Correct. We make no exceptions because our decision not to ship to unsupported countries is based on years of actual negative experiences (usually, multiple tracked packages disappearing). Deciding not to ship to a country is not done lightly and involved discussing all issues and alternatives. When our losses are too great and we see no way to solve it, we drop a country. Years ago, we shipped to all countries in the world.

newgrl

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
I understand. Will try to find the products elsewhere but will still look into this forum for great info on how to use them. Thank you.