Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Cannot start rolling.  (Read 5597 times)

Nataka

• Forum member
Cannot start rolling.
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
Hello  :)

I wonder if anyone has a similar problem as I, and is able to overcome it.
Please help with any suggestions.

I have not been able to start rolling because I find it  psychologically difficult to induce the skin puncturing upon myself. I am not scared of pain, and have pretty high pain tolerance in general.  I just find myself unable to inflict the pricks on my own skin.  :( :(

If anyone has advice, please let me know. I have purchased 3 rollers of different sizes, 3 derma stamps, and individual needles as necessary creams.  And now I am wondering how to overcome this emotional/psychological reservation.

Thank you,
Nataka

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Cannot start rolling.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:56 AM »
Get very drunk :-)

It's too late now, but the automatic device we recently added to our assortment, the DermaJet, makes things much easier in the psychological department. You move something smoothly over your skin, you feel some pain and that's it. You don't actually prick yourself.

However: As soon as you've done it once, subsequent needling will not be a problem anymore. It's just that initial reluctance that has to be conquered and then you'll get used to it. Perhaps others have suggestions too?

It is easier and less painful to start with a dermastamp than with a dermaroller. Stamp just a very small area of the skin anywhere - for example on your forearm or on your thigh, just to try it.

The perception of pain is much higher initially than later as you continue stamping.

Usually, stamping or rolling the face is more painful than doing it elsewhere but you will soon get used to it.

Our forum member Finley recommended this:

"I recommend playing music while derma rolling- any type of music will do, whatever type will distract you, and help you relax. Music is magic, and singing along is not contraindicated while rolling !"

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:51:38 AM by SarahVaughter »

NoMoScars

• Forum member
Re: Cannot start rolling.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
Hi Nataka,

It's interesting that the thought of pain would delay your treatment. For me, I was very eager to start because the emotional pain that I was experiencing from having scars on my face surpassed any type of physical pain I could've imagined. I was (and still am very determined) to get rid of these scars. Maybe you can start out with some ice (for numbing) and your smallest needle size to get used to it? That may help some. Also, listening to music may help you relax. That's actually a pretty good idea :) Nonetheless it does get easier as you continue on.

Best of luck to you :)