Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Which Dermajet needle lengths to use  (Read 7483 times)

sarah1234

• Forum member
Which Dermajet needle lengths to use
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
Hi,

I've just needled my '11's' with the 1mm setting on the Dermajet and it drew quite a lot of blood which surprised me as I was hoping to work up to using the 1.5mm setting. Should I stick to 1mm?

I should point out though that it wasn't especially painful.

I am planning to do my top lip for scars left by electrolysis. I have the typical orange peel effect. Should I use 0.5mm or is this likely to be ineffective?

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Which Dermajet needle lengths to use
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:53 AM »
I am posting this part on behalf of my husband John and I will answer your questions later.

He says that the DermaJet is unlike all the other devices out there, which he calls "fake". The DermaJet really does what it is supposed to do, so yes you will draw blood with a needle length you'd normally not draw blood with when needling manually, since it's hard to push the needles to their full depth, by hand. This is the reason the DermaJet has always been sold for USD 950,-. We have only a limited number of them for sale and we likely will never be able to secure more at the current low price - or at all.

The DermaJet is less painful than manual needling due to the short "duty cycle". The machine is my dream come true and John found it for me :-)

sarah1234

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »
Yes, I am very impressed with it so far.
 :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »
Concerning your 11's, stick to 1 mm.

Concerning the area above the lip, this is the most sensitive/painful area to needle. Start with a 0.5 mm but you can go to 1 mm if you can handle it or use a numbing cream. Dermaneedling is very effective for the so called 11's wrinkles and also for the above the lips wrinkles.

Your scars are from electrolysis and I am not sure dermaneedling can effectively fix it because it may have damaged the fat layer that is just below the skin. On the other hand, I think it is much better to have little scars than having a "moustache" and electrolyisis is way more effective than laser epilation. Electrolyisis is really permanent unless you have a hormonal disorder that constantly triggers the growth of new hairs, such as polycystic ovary syndrome or other. Even in cases of hormonal disorders, electrolysis helps, it will just take longer.

sarah1234

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:58:29 AM »
Thank you for the detailed response.
I hope this isn't a stupid question but how will I know when the needles become blunt?
Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:39 AM »
The last sentences in first paragraph on page 12 of our instructions now have the answer:

The needles will become blunt after a certain time. Apart from needle quality, this depends on how often you roll, how large the rolled skin areas are, how many times you roll over the skin, how tough and thick your skin is and how strongly you push the needles in. A roller can be used many times and lasts quite a few months, but for serious work on larger areas of skin you'd have to count with around two rollers a year. Rollers with shorter needles that are used much more last shorter. This question is impossible to answer really, because male skin is thicker than female skin. On top of that, scar tissue is harder than ordinary skin, facial skin is soft and thin, etc. A very rough estimation for a 1.5 mm roller is two rollers per year. When you feel that the needles don't penetrate as easily as they did when the instrument was new, it's time to replace it. This goes for dermarollers, dermastamps, single needles but also for needle cartridges for electric needling devices. With an electric device, you will start notice increased pain and reduced pinpoint bleeding.