Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: red marks after acne  (Read 6358 times)

tulpan

• Forum member
red marks after acne
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
Hi, I'm surprised I haven't noticed this forum/homepage before, I've seen lots of good respons from you which made me register and ask myself.

I've had red marks from many years old acne which never seem to disapear / or brighten, right now I'm 22 and I've had acne since I was maybe 15 years old and it seriosly feels my red marks is from when I was maybe like 17-18 years old, probably not, but still.

I've taken everything from what "apoteket" here in Sweden sells, or "drugstore" or whatever it's called anywhere else to Roaccutan/accutane.
I think I still have these marks because I always was in the sun or/and in solarium to make them disapear which only was temporarily and got back to the autumn again.

Now I'm just taking some products from "Ole henrikssen" products and generally tries to take care of myself/skin.
I have been to a skin-salon which recommended me products from md before i eventually starting with laser, but it got kinda expensive so I stopped but now I want to take care of this problem. Is dermarolling something for me to test? what lenght?

The red marks are mostly on the upper cheek and down, on both sides.

Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: red marks after acne
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »
You should try our 0.5% Tretinoin cream. It helps with post acne or other spots/pigmentations.

Buy a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller and roll the areas up to three times a week. If the spots do not improve in a few months, buy a 1 mm dermastamp and stamp the spots every 10 days.

tulpan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
Hi, I have now recieved a dermaroller 0.5mm, dermastamp, Infadolan and something called Dermier which ppls recomended when rolling.

Is this enough, or do I need Tretinoin cream to get good results?

Another question I have is how sensitive does the skin get? In 3-4 months I'm gonna go out backpacking, which means I'm gonna spend lots of time in the sun, is it smart to start rolling at all before i start travelling, or should I start and just quit one month earlier or smth?

Thanks, and again, really appreciate all your help!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
Concerning post acne spots, Tretinoin cream is really very helpful. You can see how it goes. You may get satisfactory results just from dermarolling and stamping. If you do not, buy Tretinoin cream.

If you stamp with a 1 mm size, quit about 2 weeks prior to your backpacking holidays. Quit rolling with your 0.5 mm roller one week prior to your holiday.