Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: .5mm roller to thicken tummy skin between 1.5mm sessions?  (Read 5201 times)

glossy

• Forum member
.5mm roller to thicken tummy skin between 1.5mm sessions?
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:15:46 AM »
Hello,
I have a .5mm roller, a 1.00mm and a 1.5mm roller to use on my face, belly and thighs. I mainly bought the .5mm for my face but am wondering if there would be any benefit to using it on my belly a few times a week or less in between the 1.5mm rolling sessions.

I plan on rolling once a month with the 1.5 for very fine stretch marks and slightly saggy post partum skin around the belly button. My main goal for the belly is to tighten and thicken the skin since my stretch marks are so fine.

I also use retin a and vit c spray. Any other tips for general thickening and tightening of belly skin would be helpful.

Also, I have been using the retin a for over a month now and my skin still feels tender and sensitive from it. Do I need to wait until my skin adjusts to it or toughens up before I can start rolling? Or is it ok to just push through it and give it a good roll if I can tough it out?

Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: .5mm roller to thicken tummy skin between 1.5mm sessions?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »
A 1.5 mm regular dermaroller is a good choice for sagging post partum skin and rolling with a 0.5 mm dermaroller (up to three times a week) in between the 1.5 mm sessions is also a good idea but in case of frequent sessions with a 0.5 mm dermaroller it is wiser to buy another 0.5 mm roller and use it only on the abdomen to insure that your other 0.5 mm roller (for the face) stays sharp.

If the skin is still sensitive from the A-Ret, the best is to reduce the frequency of applications. A-Ret is a mild acid peel so the skin may always be a little sensitive from it.