Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: microneedling on a budget  (Read 6284 times)

brosephus1995

• Forum member
microneedling on a budget
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »
Hello guys,

I was wondering what are the most efficient tools available for microneedling for a guy who is in college and doesn't have much money? I have some severe acne scarring, particularly on the left side of my face also, i developed some lines from smoking. My acne scars are mostly situated on my cheeks, and temples, some on my chin, but that area seems mostly a textural issue from smoking, and i've already stopped smoking and looking to improve my skin as soon as possible. I contemplated lasers, and treatments from a dermatologists, but the results don't seem worth the price for results.

So, right now i'm contemplating single needling in conjuction with dermastamping/dermarolling and suction, i can just go get some vitamin e cream and some spf post treatment at the local store. Also, i''m of asian heritage, but haven't broken out at all on my cheeks for years, and no real blemishes or breakouts so to speak so i don't have any active acne that would compromise treatments.

I have quite a few ice pick scars, and hear single needling is the best option for them? Also, what size needles should I get? should bleeding be expected for deep scars like mine?

thanks guys.  :)

brosephus

brosephus1995

• Forum member
Re: microneedling on a budget
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
for better assesment i've attached 2 photos, they actually look worse but i couldn't find the right lighting due to the sun shining in my face ;D, but it definately gives you an idea of what types of tools i would need for microneedling, i understand this is a long term thing and i'm fine with that.  :)

Sincerely,

Rob

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
Buy our 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles ($15,-). Stamp densely (about every four weeks) the scars of one cheek. When it heals, stamp the other cheek.

You have to disinfect the dermastamp after each session so buying our Chloramine-T is a good idea.

The skin should be disinfected with Betadine liquid, for sale in pharmacies.

If you do not have the rolling type of acne scars, do not buy the suction pump.

If you really have ice pick acne scars, buy also the single needles.

A 1.5 mm dermaroller is also helpful for scars but if you are on a budget, you can go without a dermaroller. Buy just the dermastamp.

Our vitamin creams and serums help forming ideal conditions in the skin for collagen production but they are not absolutely indispensable. You will get results without them as well.

brosephus1995

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
what's the advantage of the dermastamp vs single needling? Any differences?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:27 AM »
If you have the ice pick type of acne scars, you can target them more precisely with the single needle.

On the photos that you posted, I can only see boxcar acne scars and for that a 1.5 mm dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp (2 mm dermastamp for very deep scars) is the best combo. A dermastamp alone will also do.

In your case, buy a 1.5 mm dermastamp.