Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling while taking pycnogenol  (Read 4995 times)

janarae18

• Forum member
Dermarolling while taking pycnogenol
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
Hi Sarah. I just received my dermarollers and after my first roll I began reading here about the use of anti inflammatorys and the possibility that I won't have as great of a result if I use anti inflammatory medications.  I take 100 mg of pycnogenol daily.  I was wondering should I discontinue this while dermarolling or just discontinue before and after sessions?  Thankyou

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Dermarolling while taking pycnogenol
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »
Pycnogenol has a mild anti-inflammatory effect but there is no problem taking it in combination with dermarolling.

The only case I have heard of so far was a customer who applied a cream with silver nano-particles and it very substantially reduced the redness after microneedling comparing to when she did not apply it. In her case, I advised her not to apply it right after microneedling.

Not using anti-inflammatory substances applies only to those substances with a STRONG anti-inflammatory effect, applied immediately after dermarolling (especially after dermarolling with long needles). Some hours later, it is already OK.