Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: DERMAROLLER CASE BROKEN  (Read 7653 times)

legolas123

• Forum member
DERMAROLLER CASE BROKEN
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:06:10 PM »
The custody of the dermaroller is broken (cracks) I can continue to put them even if it passes the air and thus the dust? Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: DERMAROLLER CASE BROKEN
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
You mean the box, right? That is no problem. Use some tape to tape up the cracks.

legolas123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
if enter air or dust nothing happens?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 03:28:04 AM »
Nothing happens, and if you worry then you can clean the instrument before use. That is, if you ignore my advice to tape up the crack in the box.

It's not like there are Rabies or Anthrax spores floating around in your house, and even if they were, statistically there could only perhaps land 1 or 2 on the instrument. And the minimum infectious dose of such spores is orders of magnitude greater. But even with such amounts, the shallow penetration of a dermaneedling instrument would still virtually guarantee no infection.

And that is why I have never heard of infection with these instruments (at least not with our customers), in spite of the fact that hundreds of thousands of people dermaroll. People totally have the wrong idea about the risk of infection with dermaneedling.

Only in extremely rare cases could infection occur, for example whern a person has severely reduced immunity. I think there has been only one case mentioned online. I have seen a single case only in my 7 years, mentioned online. An unverified case from an anonymous source, with no evidence offered. People are fallible and make mistakes regarding cleaning and disinfection, they keep their instruments exposed, close to their toilets etc. and there are just zero reports of infection, at least not that I know of. If it were a problem, we would read about infections more often (I never read anything about infections occurring on the big dermaneedling forums, neither on this forum, and we have approx. 30,000 dermaneedling customers).

I think that if a customer of ours would suffer an infection, they would at least email me. I have never in 7 years received a single email like that.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:39:46 AM by SarahVaughter »

legolas123

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
My fear is even for the infection of the area immediately after rolling.Is rare even this?put the cream with bare hands immediately after it is risky for the infection? thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
No.