Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Correct needle size for face? Single needle or 1 line roller for body?  (Read 7080 times)

TT

• Forum member
Hello Sarah,

First of all, thank you for providing such an informative forum!

I have read the dermarolling instruction manual and the ALL of the forum posts, however I am still a little confused as to which needle sizes are appropriate for my face.

I am a 31 year old female.  Issues I would like to address: fine lines under deep set eyes, light pigmentation marks around the chin and jaw caused by acne (which is no longer active due to using the pill), increased collagen production for the whole face for anti-aging purposes, better product penetration under the eyes to combat dark under-eye circles.  How often can I treat the face/ under eyes?  Am I correct in saying the lips should not be rolled at all, because the skin is so thin?

I also have old stretch marks on my hips, buttocks and thighs.  I am planning to buy a 1.5mm dermaroller, and use it once a month.  You also recommend using either a single needle or 1 line 1.5mm roller on stretch marks (in conjunction with the dermaroller).  Is one better than the other?

I also have some scars from cuts on the forearm, just below the elbow.  Is the 1.5mm roller sufficient for this area or should I only use the single needle?  how often can these scars be rolled/ needled?

I hope to hear from you soon, thank you in advance!

-Tania

TT

• Forum member
Re: Correct needle size for face? Single needle or 1 line roller for body?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:45:24 AM »
Hello Sarah,

Regarding my post above, I forgot to add a query about the dermastamp:

I also have old stretch marks on my hips, buttocks and thighs.  I am planning to buy a 1.5mm dermaroller, and use it once a month.  You also recommend using either a single needle or 1 line 1.5mm roller or a dermastamp on stretch marks (in conjunction with the dermaroller).  Is one better than the other?

As I understand it, single needles and 1 line rollers can target specific stretch marks more densely.  However, since the stretch marks cover quite a large area (including hard to reach places like my butt) would I be best off using a dermastamp (either 1.5mm or 2mm) in conjunction with the 1.5mm dermaroller?

Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »
>light pigmentation marks around the chin and jaw caused by acne

Our Tretinoin cream.

>increased collagen production for the whole face for anti-aging purposes,

For the time being, do not buy anything. Try dermarolling for your eyes and scars and if it goes well, buy a regular 1 mm dermaroller for the whole face.

>fine lines under deep set eyes,
better product penetration under the eyes to combat dark under-eye circles. How often can I treat the face/ under eyes?

I suggest a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller. Later you can go for size 1 mm.

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/derma-rolling-for-dark-circles/msg3405/#msg3405

>Am I correct in saying the lips should not be rolled at all, because the skin is so thin?

We do have customers who dermaroll their lips but you have to use shorter needles because the skin is thin. Use your 0.5 mm dermaroller.

>I also have some scars from cuts on the forearm, just below the elbow. Is the 1.5mm roller sufficient for this area or should I only use the single needle? how often can these scars be rolled/needled?

Use your 1.5 mm dermastamp on them every three weeks. Stamp densely.

I also have old stretch marks on my hips, buttocks and thighs. I am planning to buy a 1.5mm

A regular 1.5 mm dermaroller, a 1.5 mm dermastamp and our Tretinoin cream. Follow more or less this routine:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

TT

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
Thanks for your reply.  I'm looking forward to beginning the treatments!