Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is a 2.0mm Dermastamp dangerous?  (Read 10639 times)

dermastampquestions

• Forum member
Is a 2.0mm Dermastamp dangerous?
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
Hi Sarah.
Thank you for all the work that you do for this forum. I received really helpful information! I have a few questions about dermastamp sizes which was not really answered in other posts and I was hoping you could help me. I have pretty deep ice pick scars. (I have attached pictures). I started out with the 1.0mm dermaroller, but I don't think I am getting very deep, or at least deep enough to bring about positive results. I have watched YouTube videos where people would roll until they bled. I don't have that kind of pain tolerance & I don't know any effective numbing creams. I read that the stamp hurts less so I want to try it. I read on a website that nothing less than a 2.0mm would work for deep icepick scars, but also that stamps above 1.5 should only be used by professionals. Do you think I could safely use the 2.0mm stamp? I also have pigmentation from a tca peel that did not work. I am hoping to get rid of that as well.
Thank you so much in advance,
Kristy

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Is a 2.0mm Dermastamp dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
No they are not dangerous, as long as you have read and understood our cleaning and disinfection guidelines.

For liability reasons, we do not sell anything dangerous. The last thing we want is to get sued for damages or get a ruined reputation. It would not make a big difference in profits for us, if we would not sell 2 mm dermastamps. If they would pose a risk, we'd omit them from our assortment and we'd still have 50 products left. However, we know from many years of experience that 2 mm dermastamp have never resulted in infection - not with our customers nor with anyone else, as far as we know from reading dermarolling forums and professional literature. If you're wondering whether 2 mm needles can damage nerves: They can't, those reside deeper. Just don't stamp the skin near your eyeballs. Follow our instructions and you'll be fine.

BTW, the reason why a dermaroller is perceived as more painful is because it makes many more pricks per unit of time than a dermastamp does.
For example, during one second, you insert the dermastamp (that has 35 needles) in and out the skin only once - this is 35 pricks in the skin per second. A dermaroller is rolled approximately once around its axis during one second - which means 180 pricks per second.
180 compared to 35 pricks a second is a big difference in pain level.

I always advise (especially to beginners) to start with shorter needles and when you get experienced and when your instruments get blunt, go for a longer size with your next purchase if you wish. A 1.5 mm size is very often completely sufficient.

You have not attached pictures.. If you attach pictures, I can say more.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:54:22 PM by SarahVaughter »

dermastampquestions

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
Hi Sarah. For some reason, I cannot upload the picture using my phone. I have tried using my camera, but it does not accurately depict the depth of my scars. No big deal. The main question was about the 2.0mm stamp anyway.
I have one more question about numbing creams. I have looked some up online, but they all have mixed reviews. Can you recommend any that definitely work?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
This forum is only for questions about our own products. We sell a numbing cream. We don't sell stuff that doesn't work :-)

Our numbing cream and other over-the-counter numbing creams contain a too low percentage of Lidocaine (5% or less) to completely numb the skin. It only reduces the pain so you will still feel some pain and the pressure anyway. (Higher percentages numbing substances can only be obtained and administered by licensed medical staff.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:56:48 PM by SarahVaughter »

scarredforlife

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
I would like to say that I have used the Dr. Numb numbing cream and find it 100% effective. If you leave it on for the full 2 hours covered with some plastic wrap, it completely numbs the area (for me anyways). I have a very low pain tolerance and I could not even use the 1.0 without pain, but have done 2.5 with the numbing cream, so trust me, this it is the real deal. The effects don't last as long as I would like, so I cannot do the entire face at once, but I can roll one entire side of the face painlessly after applying the numbing cream.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
Thank you for your report!