Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: I'm new to derma rolling--Acne Scars  (Read 8111 times)

nik

• Forum member
I'm new to derma rolling--Acne Scars
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »
I'm a 26 year old male with deep acne scars on my cheeks left behind from my teen years. I've been looking into cheaper options for dealing with the scars. I visited a well-known dermatologist in my city, and he said I have deep ice-pick scars. He recommended I get some chemical injected into the scars to help raise the tissue. It's been a while since my visit so I don't remember all of the details. I mentioned the derma roller to him, but of course, he gave me the whole "that may or may not work" comments. 

I would really like to give derma rolling a try, but I'm a bit worried about causing further damage. What type of roller should I get? I'm assuming I should use a 1.5 mm roller for my acne scars. What other products do I need to use with the roller? I've noticed copper peptide and vitamin C serum discussed on the forum threads. Do instructions come with the products if I buy them from this site?

I am a little lost and I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank you!

nik

• Forum member
Re: I'm new to derma rolling--Acne Scars
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
Also, what's the difference between the $19 copper peptide serum and the $4 mask?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:09:27 AM »
Please read our dermarolling instructions here:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

The difference between mask and serum is explained in the detailed sales descriptions in the store. Product volume, basically. And the mask is a facial mask and the serum is not.

If you have any questions after reading the materials, let me know.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
For deep ice pick scars, try our 2 mm dermastamp (not a dermaroller). First do a test patch. Stamp the same small area of scars densely (every four weeks) to see how it reacts. If everything is OK, start stamping all scars every four weeks. If you have too many scars to do them all thoroughly and densely during one session, spread it out to several sessions. First stamp scars on one cheek, when it heals do the other cheek and so on.

ostojewa2

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
I thought dermastamp can cause micro-tearing. (Dermapen can cause skin micro-tearing article)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
No, on the contrary, a dermastamp can absolutely never cause microtearing, because you never move it horizontally - only vertically.