Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Sterilising liquid (Miltons fluid stained the needles)  (Read 9787 times)

Simply-maggie

• Forum member
Sterilising liquid (Miltons fluid stained the needles)
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »
Hi - I've now ordered the recommended steriliser but I used Milton steriliser (used for baby bottles etc) and my roller - which I've only used once - has what I can only describe as flecks of what looked like dried blood - which it definitely isn't but not sure what it is
Do I bin this roller ? Any suggestions why this happened

Many thanks
Maggie
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:26:03 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Sterilising liquid
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
We warn against using Milton's fluid in our instructions (big warning sign on page 28). It contains a very agressive form of Chlorine.

Use our Chloramine T instead. It's perfect. Sterilizes instead of disinfects and is very, very cheap.

If the needles are still sharp, you can still use it. But the tips may have been eroded by the Chlorine. Test it. If it hurts and is hard to get the needles in, the Miltons blunted the needles.

Miltons is for plastic and glass.

Even though "Chloramine" points to Chlorine, there is very little free chlorine in a Chloramine-T solution. Exposure time of half an hour is more than enough to completely kill all organisms and the needles remain unscathed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:27:25 PM by SarahVaughter »

Simply-maggie

• Forum member
Re: Sterilising liquid (Miltons fluid stained the needles)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:50:09 AM »
Thank you Sarah - teaches me to read everything !
I've ordered a new one as I dont want to take any chances -