Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Not sure what i'm doing wrong  (Read 13488 times)

joy6899

• Forum member
Not sure what i'm doing wrong
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »
 I've seen your advice for several women who posted about loose skin after pregnancy and what you suggest they do. I've been derma rolling on and off for almost 2 full years and nothing has really changed. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.

I started out derma rolling with a 1.5mm  and I would roll going up and down, side to side, then diagonally, no less then 5 times each, all while holding my skin taunt. after rolling, I would spray my skin with DMSO, then MSM and gently rub that in  and follow with MSM lotion. Since that didn't seem to work, I now use shea butter mixed w/vitamin e, rose hip oil, frankincense, rosewood, and lavender after spraying my DMSO and MSM spray. all have properties good for the skin

I started out rolling every 4 weeks for 3 months. When I didn't see anything change, (I know it probably wasn't right) I started rolling once a week and its been a few months. Could it be the rollers? (I did not change them as often as  I now know I should have, but I always kept them clean. Both are from ebay)
 Am I not using enough pressure? (I don't push down until I bleed)
Is it the products?

thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Not sure what i'm doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:12:56 PM »
Hi,

Your posting is off-topic on this forum. You posted photos of dermarollers that are not ours and which we tested as inferior, especially the one that doesn't have needles but stamped knives.

Your star pattern rolling technique is a technique we warn against and the products you use are not products we recommend and are potentially harmful.

Your posting can also be regarded as SPAM for claiming that various dubious products for which you mention a brand name are "good for the skin".

As to the likely reason why you got no results:

DMSO is a solvent to carry chemicals into the skin. It completely saturates all skin layers with itself. It should never be used in conjunction with dermaneedling. It may completely block the inflammatory processes required. The other product is outrageously expensive and contains sulphur which may also interfere with the inflammatory processes. I suggest you don't roll random chemicals into your skin (I counted six products you're rolling in now - that's a cocktail of dozens of chemicals!) because they very well may completely block the inflammatory biochemical processes you're seeking to induce.

This forum is a place where we answer questions about our products and our recommendations to our customers. That is all I have time for, my apologies.

(OP banned for forum rule violations - sorry but we can either stay on topic or close this forum)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:22:52 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Not sure what i'm doing wrong
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
Dermarolling can improve mild skin laxity and crêpey skin on the face, neck, decolletage and body or a wrinkly post-pregnancy abdomen, provided there is not too much excessive skin. The bulging, sagging abdomen after pregnancy is often due to the abdominal muscles not having gone fully back to their original position – this can only be fixed by a tummy tuck. I am sorry. After the tummy tuck, continue dermarolling the skin for further improvement.