Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: brushing skin  (Read 6582 times)

havingfaith

brushing skin
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:08:03 PM »
Sarah,

You recommend do brush the skin prior to using the 1.5mm dermaroller and using the Vit C crystals.  Can you just use the .25m dermaroller and do the same technique?  Also excuse my scientific ignorance but with the Vit C mixture is there a simpler way to mix the crystals with water using (teaspons or tablespoons) to cups of water?

thanks I appreciate your guidance

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
brushing skin
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »
You can use vit. C after rolling with a 0.25 mm, provided the burning feeling is not too strong because vit. C (ascorbic acid) is acidic. It depends on how strong the concentration is. Some people can handle combining vit. C with 0.25 mm and some can't.

Dry brushing is good for skin exfoliation and it temporarily brings more

blood to the skin which is useful.

19 parts of water and 1 part of vit. C powder makes roughly 5% vit C

solution.

9 parts of water and 1 part of vit. C makes roughly a 10% vit. C solution.

(A 10% solution is quite sticky so some people prefer a weaker one.)

Make sure the crystals are fully dissolved - you don't want one in your open skin..

If you always use the same bottle or glass, you just prepare the mixture once, then

mark off, measure or remember the water level, and the next time just pour water up

to the mark and add the same amount/nr. of spoons of vit.C as you did the first

time.

You can also use a measuring cup (that comes with laundry detergent for example).

Kdebaker

brushing skin
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
A "part" (I believe) is what ever YOU make it to be.  So, if you are using 1 tablespoon of Vitamin C then you would use 9 tablespoons of water to make the 10% solution.

Lainey

brushing skin
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »
I like to make a small amount of solution so it always stays fresh: put 5 teaspoons of distilled water into a clean glass jar ( that equals 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon), heat 1/2 minute in the microwave, add 1/4 teaspoon of "C" crystals. I decant into a small makeup bottle that I washed out well. Cover sides with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. A 10% solution would be about 1/2 teaspoon of "C" crystals, I think.