Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling and Rosacea  (Read 7919 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermarolling and Rosacea
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:06:39 AM »
Do you have remarks regarding dermarolling and rosacea that is, adverse

reaction to either the Infadolan ointment, Copper peptide facial mask, EMLA,

Vitamin C (did I miss anything?) or the physical puncturing of the facial

skin? What needle size would you recommend?  I am just now 60 years old,

Caucasian, female with some creping, pigmentation, but worse,  pronounced

lines around the mouth...and..."turkey neck".  I have, I suppose, mild rosacea.  

The problem is that current medicine doesn’t know the cause of Rosacea. There are many theories about its cause but none of it has been convincingly proven.  That is why it is difficult to answer the question what can have an adverse effect on Rosacea.  Theoretically it can be just about anything.

Infadolan contains Retinyl acetate that is slowly converted to Retinoic acid in the skin. There are quite some cases in the literature reporting that Retinoic acid had an adverse reaction on Rosacea. Neither would I recommend copper peptide mask.

You can try much diluted homemade vit. C serum and you will see.  I think that EMLA should be OK.

Instead of Infadolan, you can use a little bit of Vaseline after the rolling. The best is to buy Vaseline in a tube to avoid its bacterial contamination. Or at least buy a new jar.

Dermarolling is not recommended if the skin is affected by Rosacea. Neither are dermabrasion or chemical peels.  If your case is very mild, you could do a test patch and see how your skin reacts.

If Rosacea is not too much of a problem around your lips, you could give it a try. Wrinkles around the lips are very stubborn and several dense and deep rolling sessions are needed to get improvement. That area is also very sensitive. I can roll my whole face without a topical anesthetic with the exception of the areas above and below the lips.  Even with EMLA it is not exactly a pleasant experience but it is worth it.

Use a 1.5 mm roller for the face. You can use the same roller on your neck but do not push the roller too much because the skin of the neck is thinner.

Do a small test patch first. It is really unpredictable how your Rosacea will react.  Keep in mind that you will be temporarily red from rolling.  

If the skin above your lips doesn’t have Rosacea, dry brush it with a new toothbrush several times a week prior to rolling. Again do a test patch first. If you feel that your skin doesn’t react well, stop using it. If the skin there has Rosacea, do not dry brush.

Steaming the face to make it easier for the needles to penetrate (as we recommend in our instructions) is not a good idea in case of Rosacea.

Green tea (keep it in the fridge and renew frequently) is a good skin toner for Rosacea. It has anti-inflammatory properties and a soothing effect.