Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Enquiry on 0.25mm dermaroller kit  (Read 6997 times)

hehaho

Enquiry on 0.25mm dermaroller kit
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:36:19 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your wonderful site!

I'm interested in getting the 0.25mm dermaroller kit, which I understand includes the roller, the ointment (I'm so excited to try this out after seeing the great reviews!), vit c powder and 2 single needles.

May I know how long will the amount of vitamin c powder last, and how long the single needles are?

Right now I'm rolling with 1.5mm roller every 5-6 weeks and are considering 0.25mm rolling every 2-3 days for product penetration. In addition, I would like to do single needling on deeper scars with 1.5mm single needles, thus would like to know the length of your single needles.

Thank you so much and I'll be looking forward to your reply!

Regards,

Juliana

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
The single needles are 2 mm long. This is intended as a safety stop. Some are slightly longer or shorter. You do not have to stick the whole needle in.  Pinpoint bleeding is the limit. Try to needle from different angles. Do not forget to needle the edges.

The needles of a 1.5 mm dermaroller penetrate about 1.3 mm into the skin.

How long the vit. C powder will last depends on the size of the area you apply it on and how strong a percentage you make it. It is better to make just a small amount of vit. C serum and make a new batch every two weeks or so.

For maximum penetration, you should apply the vit. C serum just after rolling with 0.20 or 0.25 mm. Since vit. C is acidic, this might sting. In that case, dilute the serum with more water.

If your skin can't handle the vit. C serum just after rolling, apply it later.

Do not make a stronger percentage than 20%.

19 parts of water and 1 part of vit.  C powder makes roughly 5% vit C  solution.

9 parts of water and 1 part of  vit. C makes roughly a 10% vit. C  solution.

Do not mix the application of the vit. C serum with anything else. It could prevent its penetration. E.g., do not use vit. C after having used other skin care products. Vit. C serum should be applied on "clean" skin, no other products applied beforehand.

We now sell vit. C separately for 3 USD per 20 g.

https://http://shop.owndoc.com/p-175/vitamin-c.html

hehaho

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I've placed my order, looking forward to receiving the kit! :)