Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: STOP Tripollar  (Read 6956 times)

Zelda

STOP Tripollar
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:39:18 AM »
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone has any opinions/experience of this beauty tool?

Kindest Regards

Zelda

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
STOP Tripollar
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
I have an opinion :-)

It may have some beneficial effects, but I think it is greatly over-hyped. I have a couple remarks on their marketing material:

"The local heating causes an immediate contraction of the collagen fibers  and at the same time increases its metabolism"

Collagen fibers do not have a "metabolism".

"It is recommended that the STOP™ device not be used more than once every  other day. Letting the skin rest in between each treatment is  important  to allow the natural process of the skin’s collagen renewal  to take full effect."

Collagen regeneration takes (many) weeks, not 48 hours.

Their "clinical papers" are suspicious. When you read the final sentence, they admit (because they are obliged to by law) that the ones doing the testing have been paid by the producer of the device, Ultragen Ltd. They do not mention how much money Ultragen paid, but there are millions made with such gadgets. They sell for 250 Euro or thereabouts but are made in China and cost about 25 Euro (or even significantly less) to make. It is not too hard to find a few dermatologists willing to tweak their results, in return for a generous "study grant". We see that all the time with such devices. Such "studies" look bona-fide at first glance but at closer scrutiny are nothing more than advertisements.

When you look at the website of the device's manufacturer, you'll see they market similar devices, with claims as "melt away your cellulite". Sorry folks - there is nothing much you can do against cellulite. I did my homework on cellulite and if there would be anything that "melts away cellulite" I would have given it ample attention in my Cellulite article.

Zelda

STOP Tripollar
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:10 AM »
Thank you so much Sarah I was dubious and appreciate your very valid points.