Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Just want to get it right!  (Read 6479 times)

Sid

Just want to get it right!
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:36:50 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Im really sorry if this sounds repititive but Im a little confused about the application of products while dermarolling.PLease just say yes if i have got the procedure right:

(1) dry brushing and application of vitamin C straight after for a few days before dermarolling.

(2) on the day of dermarolling - one hour after rolling apply vitamin c and an hour after apply infaldon cream.

(3) keep regularly applying infaldon cream on face once a day after that (preferably at night)

Can I still continue to apply vitamin C solution as well on the days after rolling?

I plan to do the 1.5mm roll on friday as I work full time however, since you mentioned the peeling process - how bad is this since I will be going to work on the following Monday.

Your advise is much appreciated.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Just want to get it right!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »
> dry brushing and application of vitamin C straight after for a few days

> before dermarolling.

Yes. Provided that it doesn't sting  too much. Vit. C is acidic and it will always sting a little but it should be bearable. If it stings too much, add more water to your serum.

> on the day of dermarolling - one hour after rolling apply vitamin c and an  

> hour after apply infaldon cream.

No. If you roll with long needles, do not apply vit.C immediately. It will sting a lot. You should apply vit. C on the days before rolling to build up a high concentration in the skin and you can apply even some hours before rolling but not after rolling with long needles. Vit. C remains in the skin

for several days. There is no need to torture yourself by applying it right after rolling with long needles.  The stinging is very painful and unnecessary.

Infadolan should be applied immediately after rolling.  It is a protective, regenerative ointment and it has a non-acidic form of vit. A.

>keep regularly applying infaldon cream on face once a day after that

>(preferably at night)

Apply a little bit of Infadolan just after rolling. It will keep the skin moist, helps prevent infection and supplies the much-needed vit. A and D.

Continue for several days. You should not continue if you're very prone to acne. In that case apply it just after rolling.

Basically, if you roll anywhere on your body, apply Infadolan after rolling and quite a few days afterwards.

If you roll your face, apply it after rolling and depending on your acne situation, continue or not.

>Can I still continue to apply vitamin C solution as well on the days after

>rolling?

Definitely. It is very important. You should restart a day or two days after rolling.

>I plan to do the 1.5mm roll on friday as I work full time however, since

>you mentioned the peeling process - how bad is this since I will be going

>to work on the following Monday.

There is almost no peeling. You will not even notice. There is usually some noticeable peeling after single needling only.