Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Infadolan and pregnant women  (Read 6803 times)

aokay

Infadolan and pregnant women
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
Hello Sarah,

I was wondering if Infadolan is safe for women who are pregnant or planning? I noticed it contains Vitamin A which some say to avoid during pregnancy.  If so, is there an alternative?

Also could I use an anti-bacterial ointment like Neosporin after rolling? I know it doesn't contain the Vitamin A and D but just to keep it moist at least?

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Infadolan and pregnant women
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »
The risk of overdosing vit. A is associated with oral intake. Only a small quantity of Infadolan is used after rolling and only a small percentage gets into the bloodstream (if at all). The producer of Infadolan states it can be used in pregnancy, but of course that is with intact skin.

However for peace of mind, it is better not to use Infadolan on extensive areas of skin right after dermaneedling  during pregnancy.

You can use a dermaroller during pregnancy but only if it is not unpleasant for you (painful etc) since all stress should be avoided during pregnancy.

If you roll with long needles, there is a small risk of infection if improperly disinfected, which should be also avoided during pregnancy.

You should always keep in mind that dermarolling will highly enhance the absorption of the skin products and some of it may get into the bloodstream. If you apply an antibiotic cream, some of it may get into your blood stream as well. The amount will be minuscule but for peace of mind it is probably the best to avoid it, in pregnancy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:10:19 PM by SarahVaughter »