Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: I found a dermaroller with 540 needles  (Read 18193 times)

Anna

I found a dermaroller with 540 needles
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »
Hello I found a 540 needle roller at another website i was wondering if you would advise me on that one? I can provide a link for it if its allowed. Im not sure what to look for except that the needles are stainless steel or titanium and that it comes sanitized. And also is it better to use a roller with that many needles?

Anna

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »
also i forgot to add that other site doesnt mention if it come pre sanitized or if the needles are surgical steel so Im assuming its not.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:44:26 AM »
Are you talking about this one?

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/SRS-Micro-Meso-Roller

If we would think anything else but what we sell would be useful, we would sell it already. We are free to sell whatever we want because we don't produce rollers ourselves. We do think dermastamps are useful, so we're going to sell them soon. They are on their way to us.

Anna

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
no, the one I found has a metal handle and the roller is burgundy coloroed. It says it's for professional use only even though the needle length is 1.5. It's called dts roller. I sent them an email and they this is what they replied:

DTS Roller Specification

Aesthtic/Medical

• Ergonomic Design

• Diameter(20mm) X Width(18.2mm)

• Needle Angle : 6.0°

• Number of needle : 9 disks*60 needles= 540 needles

• Shape of needle : Diamond type

• Material 1 : Needle (SUS 304H)

– High-quality Stainless Steel - Rustproof

– Tensile Strength – significantly fortified

• Material 2 : Head (Polycarbonate), Handle (ABS)

• Non-Bonding

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
Ah, that one.

No, I wouldn't use that one at all. It doesn't use needles but a stamped "sword", as you can see on their picture (12th picture in the top picture caroussel on hansderma.net:

The problem with that is that it slices the skin open instead of puncturing it. Especially with so many needles, there is an unacceptably high risk of scarring with that method.

There really is no other cost-effective way to make 500 holes than abandoning the concept of needles and go for this much cheaper approach.

I understand that they want to be unique with many needles, but they aren't needles, they are knives and that's a very bad idea - too much skin damage will occur, especially at that density.

Buy an ordinary dermaroller with real needles instead of cheap stamped knives and simply roll a few times more up & down.

Picture of ruined skin sent to us by a customer of that 540-knives dermaroller (see below for a picture of the knives themselves):
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:19:21 PM by SarahVaughter »

Anna

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »
oh my God that's scary I'm so glad I asked you. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH I certainly don't need to add on anymore damage to my skin, I will be buying the 1.5 roller that you sell here.