Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan  (Read 108524 times)

stretchmarksihate

Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
hi there i am new to dermarolling i have stretch marks on my inner thigh. i am skinny and i have no idea why i have so many! maybe it was growth spurt.. i have no idea. but i am wondering if retin A will help my white scars? seems to me my scars were NEVER red... maybe its my skin tone or something :confused: i am white/tan-ish

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 04:16:06 PM »
The A-Ret is certainly worth trying even with white stretch marks.

Needle or dermaroll (with a one-liner dermaroller) the stretch mark and apply the A-Ret immediately afterwards.

madeleine

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
Hi Sarah!

I just started rolling both hips for stretch marks two days ago.  However, I shower twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening after the gym.  Should I apply vit c and infadolan to my treated areas after both showers for best effect?  Is there a danger of overdoing it, or is applying them twice a day redundant and wasteful?  (I suppose the vit c could be, so I could do vit c and infadolan before bed and just infadolan in the morning if I needed to keep the areas covered with vit a.)

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »
There is no need to apply it more than once a day but there is no danger in applying it more often.

anniebell79

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I am new to derma rolling and just tried the 1.5 mm roller for the 1st time 4 days ago, I used the infadolan for the 1st few days and woke up yesterday to a pretty bad breakout :(  feeling very depressed today.  I don't want to stop rolling as I am hopeful it will improve my mild acne scarring and hyperpigmantation issues.  I want the benefits of the vit a, but am scared to use the infadolan again, even though my skin usually responds well to very oily substances...... I often use grapeseed oil and pure vit e oil as a moisturizer at night w no problems.  would that be a better alternative?  what about using a regular ret A after rolling?  I think I could stand some irritation for a day or two more than I could stand a break out, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Sorry about your experience. Infadolan usually doesn't cause breakouts in acne-prone individuals if used for a day or two but obviously sometimes it does. Rarely, dermarolling itself can trigger a few breakouts, especially at the beginning before the skin gets used to rolling.

Using A-Ret all over the face after dermarolling is not a good idea. It contains an acidic form of vit. A and it would unnecessarily irritate the skin and cause pain. You should pre-treat your skin with the A-Ret cream /gel prior to dermarolling and restart using it about two days after dermarolling with a 1.5 mm dermaroller.

Grapeseed oil or vit. E oil are good alternatives. The skin's protective layer is partially compromised for a day or two after dermarolling (especially if using needle length > 0.5mm). To enable optimal healing and protection, the skin should be kept as moisturized as possible after rolling/needling.

I explain here why oils are excellent moisturizers:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Is-this-all-I-need-for-a-successful-dermarolling-treatment

anniebell79

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51:07 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I will try just the infadolan for the 1st day after rolling next time and then switch to my pure vit e oil.

Also,  I am using a cream called meladerm by civant for hyperpigmentation, it is all natural extracts, no bleaching agents that are harmful to the skin.  Would it be okay to use something like that the 1st day after rolling to get the benefits of it really getting into the skin, or would it be best to wait until the following day?  And any other suggestions you might have on hyperpigmentation would be appreciated :)

Thanks again!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
Because that question is off-topic here, I answered your question in a new thread:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Meladerm-and-dermarolling&p=2934

Lacrima

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
Hi there!

I have a question: I read vit. a is photosensitive.

Does the vitamin a in Infadolan cause mild sunsensitivity as well?

Could it theoretically support the formation of sun spots if I put it on my face in the morning and then go out in the sun (if I don't dermaroll of course)?

I know it's just a little concentration, it gets converted slowly and vit a is actually said to be evening out the complexion: But I wonder about the combination with sun rays, as I have very sensitive skin.

Is it better to use Infadolan in the evenings only (for daily use) to play safe?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
Infadolan does not contain a sunscreen and you should apply a sunscreen prior to Infadolan if you apply it in the morning.

All Retinoids make the skin more sun sensitive but the amount of vit. A in each Infadolan application is not high enough to warrant sun sensitivity concern.  From my own experience, I do notice sun sensitivity after applying Tretinoin (Retinoic acid) 0.025% but not after applying Infadolan.

Infadolan is a protective ointment and due to its oiliness it is not very suitable to be applied dally, except for dry areas such as the top of hands, around the eyes or on the lips.

Some of our customers actually do apply a little Infadolan on their face daily after shaving.

Tretinoin in many cases normalizes the distribution of skin pigment melanin and thus helps diminishing pigmentations; nevertheless it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. There is however no ideal and completely side-effect-free substance that helps with hyper-pigmentation.

nexxus

Safe to use when breastfeeding / pregnant ?
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 04:09:57 PM »
I would like to dermaroll my face, arms and back of hands to fix crepey sun damaged skin and wrinkles but I am breastfeeding a baby and also plan on getting pregnant.

I would like to know if it is safe to pre-treat skin with vit. A Tretinoin gel and use Infadolan for after rolling when breastfeeding and pregnant. I have heard Vitamin A is not safe when breastfeeding or pregnant? Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
Yes, our instructions mention that Tretinoin cream should not be used ifpregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.

Vit. A healthy and very important, even in pregnancy (vitamin supplements intended for pregnant women do contain vit. A because it is so important) but the problem starts when you reach excessive levels of vit. A. Excessive levels can theoretically be dangerous for the fetus (at least they were for rats), especially in the first stages of pregnancy. You have to be careful, particularly with your oral intake.

The companies producing vit. A creams advise not to use it in pregnancy, just to stay totally on the safe side. If you have just a couple of scars, it is OK but it should not be used on large areas. In your case, the areas are large.

In general, in pregnancy and breastfeeding, you must be careful with everything, not just vit. A. (BTW, dermarolling highly enhances the absorption of all substances applied on the skin right after rolling).

nexxus

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »
Okay thank you. Is Infadolan also something I shouldn't use due to it's vitamin A content?

Do you have a suggested protocol for how to dermaroll skin when breastfeeding and pregnant? I wouldn't be able to prepare my skin with vitamin A, should I just use C? and would the dermarolling results be poor due to the lack of prepping the skin Vitamin A? I would really like to start rolling now rather than wait until baby is done breastfeeding. Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
Infadolan has a very low percentage of vit. A and the producer claims it can be used during pregnancy. Infadolan is intended for dermarolling aftercare.

To stay absolutely on the safe side, do not use it very frequently after dermarolling on really extensive areas during pregnancy. You can certainly
apply it (just a little is enough) daily on the back of your hands because it will protect the skin, make it supple and improve its crepeness.

You will get results even without pretreatment.

The best treatment for crepey skin is a combination of a short needled dermaroller (0.2 or 0.5 mm) used several times a week (apply a cream of your choice) and a long needled roller (apply Infadolan afterwards). The more you moisturize after dermarolling the better.

For your arms, prior to dermarolling, give it a good scrub with a pumice stone. Let it heal from the scrub and then dermaroll.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:57:32 AM by SarahVaughter »

nexxus

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »
Thank you so much! Very helpful  :).