Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan  (Read 108500 times)

joanlynch21

Re: Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »
Thank you for all this. Helped answer some of my questions.

samstom

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 11:55:08 PM »
Sarah I am thinking of using infadolan for my skin problems like eczema and dry skin, is it good for them?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
It is a very good idea to use it for eczema. Apply just a little; there is no need for heavy application. It will stay on your skin the entire day.

Infadolan forms a semi-occlusive film on the skin which prevents water evaporation from the skin but the skin can still "breathe".  Infadolan is indicated for cuts, 1st degree burns, dry skin, atopic dermatitis, for preventing diaper rash, for ulcers etc.

Safe to use for babies.

samstom

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »

Thanks Sarah, the non steroid ointment I am using for my eczema costs me a leg and an arm, I am glad I have found a replacement in the form of infadolan. BTW I am starting my stretchmarks routine very soon too :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
I am not sure Infadolan can fully replace your ointment. It depends. If you are using an anti-inflammatory ointment now (even a non-steroidal one): Infadolan has no strong anti-inflammatory ingredient.

Infadolan will help dryness and itchiness but I do not think it will affect the redness and pain (inflammation). It may have soothing effect on the skin and thus slightly reduce eczema flareups.
Nobody knows what causes eczemas and that is why, instead of addressing the cause, they can only suppress the symptoms – such as the inflammation, dryness, itchiness etc. How eczema reacts to various creams is quite individual so you just have to try and let us know. In any case, Infadolan is suitable for dermatitis.

thistimeonly

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 06:03:02 PM »
Is infadolan good to iuse after applying retin-a? I don't want to use my regular moisturizer after dermarolling..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:30:17 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
Retin A contains an acidic form of vit. A.
Vit. A is oil-soluble and you can mix it with creams or oils or apply creams or oils on top of it.

Yes, you can apply Infadolan on top of the A-Ret but if you are prone to acne, Infadolan is not really suitable for long term application on the face because it is too heavy.  One time application right after dermarolling the face is OK.

If you roll on your body, Infadolan can be applied long term without any problems.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:55:49 AM by SarahVaughter »